Old September 4th 07, 08:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Bob Crow is a Complete and Utter B*ST*RD!

In article om,
Jonathan Morris writes

What is it that Bob wants to see/do this time? There's nothing major
going on this week is there?

The World Mountain Bike Championships started yesterday in Ft William,
and the Rugby World Cup starts on Friday.
--
congokid
Eating out in London? Read my tips...

Old September 4th 07, 12:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 3 Sep 2007, Boltar wrote:

On Sep 3, 3:53 pm, Barry Salter wrote:

A second 72-hour strike is scheduled to start at the same time next
Monday, September 10.

I think its written into the RMT constitution that they have to have
at least 1 strike a year on the tube. If it wasn't this they'd
probably be walking out over the colour of the bog rolls.

Heh!

Is there a strike rota for different professions? Drivers one year,
signalmen the next , now track workers? Perhaps theres a requirement
that they all have to practice industrial action once every few years
just to keep the old memories alive.

Of course - it's just the same as maintaining route knowledge.

tom

--
Thinking about it, history begins now -- sarah
Old September 4th 07, 06:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 01:09:28 +0100, James Farrar
wrote:

On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 15:15:35 -0700, MIG
wrote:

You may wish that unions didn't exist, but if they do, they should do
their job.

Their job is not to inconvenience the people they're supposed to be
serving because they cannot be given assurances which are legally
impossible to give.

And the final point about legal impossibility is what is so damn galling
about this mess. Crow knows this but continues to insist on the
impossible.
--
Paul C

Old September 4th 07, 07:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On Sep 4, 12:45 am, Jonathan Morris wrote:
On 3 Sep, 21:23, Boltar wrote:

I think its written into the RMT constitution that they have to have
at least 1 strike a year on the tube. If it wasn't this they'd
probably be walking out over the colour of the bog rolls. Is there a
strike rota for different professions?

I don't get it.. previous strikes have been around holidays (often to
allow for a nice four day weekend), or the infamous ones around World
Cup football matches.

What is it that Bob wants to see/do this time? There's nothing major
going on this week is there? My god, this time he's just done it for a
laugh!

Is the implication of these posts that Bob Crow is on holiday
somewhere? Were the TV pictures faked?

Old September 5th 07, 07:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Kev Kev is offline

On Sep 3, 6:34 pm, MIG wrote:
On Sep 3, 6:10 pm, "dB" wrote:

Good old Two Jags, - making ridiculous promises that he was never going to
be around to deal with...

That's the definition of a politician... and an increasing number of
managers.

And why don't people take out their anger on those responsible for the
PPP scam, rather than those about to lose their jobs and pensions as a
result of it?

The labour Government put there by the likes of Bob Crowe I think you
will find.

Kevin

Old September 5th 07, 07:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Kev Kev is offline

On Sep 3, 9:20 pm, Paul Weaver wrote:

Only way he'll be happy is if the government step in and guarentee the
pot. It'll be political suicide for Brown though, after his pension
taxes. Ken hasn't got the budget.

And given that Gordon Brown stuck 2 fingers up to the ombudsman over
Equitable Life little chance he will guarantee these pensions.

Kevin

Old September 5th 07, 08:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote:

Crow knows this but continues to insist on the
impossible.

No, travelling faster than the speed of light is impossible. Protecting
pension rights isn't.

E.

Old September 5th 07, 09:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

eastender ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying :

Crow knows this but continues to insist on the
impossible.

No, travelling faster than the speed of light is impossible. Protecting
pension rights isn't.

Which is why that was already done.

What Crow is asking for is protection of employment way into the future.
Which is not something that the elected administration can possibly give.

Now, please stop morphing and get back in the kf.
Old September 5th 07, 10:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Adrian wrote:

What Crow is asking for is protection of employment way into the future.

You mean towards the lifetime of the universe? I'll grant the impossibility
of that.

E.

Old September 5th 07, 11:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 5 Sep, 09:45, eastender wrote:
No, travelling faster than the speed of light is impossible. Protecting
pension rights isn't.

When the RMT said they were already considering striking during the
Olympics, on account of having to work longer hours, I realised that
they had lost the plot. They're trying to hold the country to ransom,
and force TPTB to cave in (after all, come 2012, there will be plenty
of people trying to cash in on the basis that they MUST go ahead no
matter what).

Just wait until the contractors start demanding more cash to finish
the construction on time, just as they did on the tube before the dome
opened. It's becoming the norm now, which worries me. Our local
council is planning to outsource just about everything, because a
third party can supposedly manage everything for less cost - even
though they'll take on the same staff and take a fee for sitting in
the middle. You just know they'll be asking for more cash in a few
years, and the council will have no choice but to bail them out (or
face tough questions). We ask for this of course, because we give
contracts to the cheapest people - so people HAVE to lie to get the
work.

A union should protect the rights of workers obviously, but no union
can try and demand ridiculous promises or pay rises that are well
beyond inflation, or moan when people want to change the way we work.
Life moves on, and things do change. You can't live in ancient times
forever.

Jonathan