Old September 3rd 07, 02:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Bob Crow is a Complete and Utter B*ST*RD!

From the RMT website:

MORE THAN 2,300 RMT members at collapsed Tube privateer Metronet will
begin a 72-hour strike at 18:00 tonight after the company and its
administrator failed to give the unequivocal guarantees on jobs,
transfers and pensions that the union is seeking.

A second 72-hour strike is scheduled to start at the same time next
Monday, September 10.

"We have been seeking simple, unqualified guarantees from Metronet and
its administrator that there will be no job losses, forced transfers or
pensions cuts, and we have not had them," RMT general secretary Bob Crow
said today.

"The efforts the Mayor and TfL have put in to try to broker a deal have
been welcome, but the problem for all of us remains that Metronet and
its administrator are the employer, and the qualified assurances they
have given cover only the period of administration.

"It is astonishing that the administrator can decide all sorts of
things, including who will take over the PPP contracts, but is unable to
give an unequivocal guarantee that the jobs of the people who will
actually deliver the Tube's upgrades will be safe.

"We have been told that the pension-fund trustees will be "urged" to
ensure that employees lose no pension during the period of
administration, but no amount of 'urging' amounts to a guarantee, and
this is not a matter for the trustees in any case.

"It is the employer's duty to ensure that pension provision will be no
less favourable than before the PPP, as promised by the deputy prime
minister, and what we need from the employer is the simple guarantee
that there will be no reduction in pension rights, past, present or future.

"We said from the start that our members were not prepared to pay for
the collapse of Metronet with their jobs and pensions, and that remains
our bottom line.

"What our members want is to be transferred to a public-sector
organisation, and that is the only way in which their jobs and pensions
can be protected," Bob Crow said.

Old September 3rd 07, 03:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kev Kev is offline

On Sep 3, 3:53 pm, Barry Salter wrote:
From the RMT website:

[...]

And given the thousands of workers who have had their pensions stolen
when their employers went into liquidation where was Bob Crowe then.
Now he wants the very same ripped off workers to fund his guarantee
through taxes.
The Parliamentary Ombudsman stated that the Government was guilty of
maladministration over the Equitable Life debacle nd the Government's
response was to stick two fingers up. So will somebody tell Bob Crowe
there are NO F**KING GUARANTEES.
Kevin

Old September 3rd 07, 04:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sep 3, 4:15?pm, Kev wrote:
On Sep 3, 3:53 pm, Barry Salter wrote:

From the RMT website:

[...]

Kevin- Hide quoted text -

Regarding the title to this thread, I thought that this was meant to
be a forum to share news and information, not for the mere statements
of the blindingly obvious, like "the moon is not made of green cheese"
or "turkeys don't like Christmas"!

Marc.

Old September 3rd 07, 04:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 3 Sep, 17:07, " wrote:
Regarding the title to this thread, I thought that this was meant to
be a forum to share news and information, not for the mere statements
of the blindingly obvious, like "the moon is not made of green cheese"
or "turkeys don't like Christmas"!

We might not agree on much, but you're spot on with that one...

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org

Old September 3rd 07, 04:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Barry Salter" wrote in message

"It is the employer's duty to ensure that pension provision will be no
less favourable than before the PPP, as promised by the deputy prime
minister, and what we need from the employer is the simple guarantee that
there will be no reduction in pension rights, past, present or future.

Good old Two Jags, - making ridiculous promises that he was never going to
be around to deal with...

Paul

Old September 3rd 07, 05:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
dB dB is offline

Good old Two Jags, - making ridiculous promises that he was never going to
be around to deal with...

That's the definition of a politician... and an increasing number of
managers.

Old September 3rd 07, 05:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On Sep 3, 6:10 pm, "dB" wrote:
Good old Two Jags, - making ridiculous promises that he was never going to
be around to deal with...

That's the definition of a politician... and an increasing number of
managers.

And why don't people take out their anger on those responsible for the
PPP scam, rather than those about to lose their jobs and pensions as a
result of it?

Old September 3rd 07, 05:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

MIG ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

And why don't people take out their anger on those responsible for the
PPP scam, rather than those about to lose their jobs and pensions as a
result of it?

Because this strike's got nothing to do with the creation of PPP/PFI.

It's got everything to do with a greedy self-publicist empire builder
causing chaos for the hell of it by demanding the physically impossible.

Again.
Old September 3rd 07, 05:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On Sep 3, 6:36 pm, Adrian wrote:
MIG ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

And why don't people take out their anger on those responsible for the
PPP scam, rather than those about to lose their jobs and pensions as a
result of it?

Because this strike's got nothing to do with the creation of PPP/PFI.

It's got everything to do with a greedy self-publicist empire builder
causing chaos for the hell of it by demanding the physically impossible.

Again.

I assume that you are referring to Gordon Brown, who forced PPP on
London against just about everyone else's advice that it was
unworkable.

Old September 3rd 07, 05:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Barry Salter
writes
From the RMT website:

MORE THAN 2,300 RMT members at collapsed Tube privateer Metronet will
begin a 72-hour strike at 18:00 tonight after the company and its
administrator failed to give the unequivocal guarantees on jobs,
transfers and pensions that the union is seeking.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. Bob Crow is probably on the
best money he's ever made in his life and can probably look forward to
seat in the Lords. Thanks to him most of his member probably have
nothing to look forward to but empty pay packets and dwindling job
prospects.

--
Edward Cowling "Must Go - I've Someone To Stalk !!"