Old December 23rd 07, 05:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Met to Aldgate

At about 19:30 on Friday (21st) I was waiting at Liverpool St for a Circle
Line train and 4 out of 5 trains shown on the board (before mine) were Met
trains to Aldgate (which presumably then had to turn around and travel
back).

I thought that the Aldgate bit only ran at rush hours and whilst I can see
that a last train at about 20:00 is reasonably still inside the "travel home
from the city" work hours, I can't believe that it has a two minute
frequency at that time of day.

Was there something special about the service on Friday, or is this a normal
service for the time of day.

tim

Old December 23rd 07, 06:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I thought that the Aldgate bit only ran at rush hours and whilst I can see
that a last train at about 20:00 is reasonably still inside the "travel home
from the city" work hours, I can't believe that it has a two minute
frequency at that time of day.

Met trains to Uxbridge run to Aldgate at any time, not only during
peaks.
During peak hours extra trains from Amersham and Watford are added to
Aldgate service.

Two minute frequency was either because of previous overcrowding or in
response to Circle line usual "lack of drivers".
Old December 23rd 07, 07:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 23 Dec, 19:44, alex_t wrote:
I thought that the Aldgate bit only ran at rush hours and whilst I can see
that a last train at about 20:00 is reasonably still inside the "travel home
from the city" work hours, I can't believe that it has a two minute
frequency at that time of day.

Met trains to Uxbridge run to Aldgate at any time, not only during
peaks.
During peak hours extra trains from Amersham and Watford are added to
Aldgate service.

Two minute frequency was either because of previous overcrowding or in
response to Circle line usual "lack of drivers".

So a "lack of drivers" is a noted feature of the Circle line then?
CULG tells me that the Circle line is based at Hammersmith depot,
along with the H&C line (which presumably gets priority when it comes
to allocating drivers).

I rarely take the Circle line per se for journeys between High St Ken
and Gloucester Rd, and between Tower Hill and Aldgate - there are
often other better (more reliable, quicker etc) ways of making such
journeys.
Old December 23rd 07, 07:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On Dec 23, 8:43*pm, Mizter T wrote:
On 23 Dec, 19:44, alex_t wrote:

[...]

There had been problems at Baker Street on Friday earlier, so maybe
trains were bunched.

Earlier in the afternoon at Euston Square I saw Hammersmith-looking
and Metropolitan-looking trains in succession turning round at
Moorgate and had to wait a long time for a Barking.
Old December 23rd 07, 10:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Mizter T wrote:
On 23 Dec, 19:44, alex_t wrote:
I thought that the Aldgate bit only ran at rush hours and whilst I
can see that a last train at about 20:00 is reasonably still inside
the "travel home from the city" work hours, I can't believe that it
has a two minute frequency at that time of day.

Met trains to Uxbridge run to Aldgate at any time, not only during
peaks.
During peak hours extra trains from Amersham and Watford are added to
Aldgate service.

Two minute frequency was either because of previous overcrowding or

So a "lack of drivers" is a noted feature of the Circle line then?
CULG tells me that the Circle line is based at Hammersmith depot,
along with the H&C line (which presumably gets priority when it comes
to allocating drivers).

I work down there - and the Circle line service (in particular the Outer
Rail service) has been rubbish all week. One evening, at about 18:00, they
were advising that the next clockwise Circle would not be for in excess of
fifteen minutes. I suspect that they've had crewing or stock problems this
week.

Old December 23rd 07, 11:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Jack Taylor" wrote in message

I work down there - and the Circle line service (in particular the Outer
Rail service) has been rubbish all week. One evening, at about 18:00, they
were advising that the next clockwise Circle would not be for in excess of
fifteen minutes. I suspect that they've had crewing or stock problems this
week.

As the Circle line frequency is 8.5 minutes, that would be one cancellation.
On most other lines, passengers wouldn't notice one cancellation, but on the
Circle and Hammersmith and City you do.

Old December 24th 07, 12:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 23:54:58 GMT, "Jack Taylor"
wrote:

Mizter T wrote:
On 23 Dec, 19:44, alex_t wrote:
[...]

"Lack of drivers" was stated as a reason for "minor delays" on the H&C
on two days last week.
Old December 24th 07, 10:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 24 Dec, 01:19, James Farrar wrote:
"Lack of drivers" was stated as a reason for "minor delays" on the H&C
on two days last week.

Perhaps they should advertise the jobs in Poland. Some people who are
prepared to work without whinging about everything and taking endless
sickies might be the kick up the arse certain people in LU need just
as it has been for decorators and various other professions.

B2003

Old December 24th 07, 11:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 24 Dec, 11:51, Boltar wrote:

Perhaps they should advertise the jobs in Poland. Some people who are
prepared to work without whinging about everything and taking endless
sickies might be the kick up the arse certain people in LU need just
as it has been for decorators and various other professions.

Although the reality might be different, with train operators on
maternity / paternity leave or taking short-term medication that
prevents them from driving trains.

Old December 24th 07, 12:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message
,
" writes

Perhaps they should advertise the jobs in Poland. Some people who are
prepared to work without whinging about everything and taking endless
sickies might be the kick up the arse certain people in LU need just
as it has been for decorators and various other professions.

Although the reality might be different, with train operators on
maternity / paternity leave or taking short-term medication that
prevents them from driving trains.

Yeabut, Robin, Mr Boltar never lets things like that get in the way of
an opportunity to slag off LU or its staff.