Old October 25th 05, 08:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default When could you change to the Metropolitan at Aldgate East?

I caught a District from Barking to West Ham this evening (one of the
refurbs) and looking out the window at East Ham noticed that the Next
Train display told me that it was District for Tower Hill and Victoria
(I think) but then at the bottom said "Change at Aldgate East for
Metropolitan trains". I checked at Upton Park and it said the same.

I can't remember when Metropolitan trains went to Aldgate East...
--
John Alexander,

Remove NOSPAM if replying by e-mail

Old October 25th 05, 08:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

John wrote:
I caught a District from Barking to West Ham this evening (one of the
refurbs) and looking out the window at East Ham noticed that the Next
Train display told me that it was District for Tower Hill and Victoria
(I think) but then at the bottom said "Change at Aldgate East for
Metropolitan trains". I checked at Upton Park and it said the same.

I can't remember when Metropolitan trains went to Aldgate East...

That sign is from before the Hot and Cold was formed when it was still
the Met.
Old October 29th 05, 11:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I can't remember when Metropolitan trains went to Aldgate East...

Could have been from when the Hammersmith & City was part of the Met
Line? It changed in 1990 IIRC.
--
Joe Patrick
Railways Online - for GB railway news, information & photos
Old October 30th 05, 10:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

on Sat, 29 Oct 2005 -
I can't remember when Metropolitan trains went to Aldgate East...

Could have been from when the Hammersmith & City was part of the Met
Line? It changed in 1990 IIRC.

There was also I believe an Uxbridge / Barking service at one time
--
Matthew P Jones - www.amersham.org.uk
My view of the Metropolitan Line www.metroland.org.uk - actually I like it
Old November 1st 05, 03:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

John wrote:

I can't remember when Metropolitan trains went to Aldgate East...

I can. When I lived in East London in the early 1980's, there were a
couple of morning peak services from Barking , with a couple of
corresponding ones in the evening.

There will have been others in the past as well, because the East London
Line was part of the Met and used to have through services (well before
my time).
--
Definitely one of my favourite pictures
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p9633104.html