Old March 13th 08, 11:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster on 23 February

On Mar 3, 7:17 pm, Helen Deborah Vecht
wrote:
I've just looked at the Journey History for the Oyster card my partner uses.

He went to Milton Keynes via Euston on 23 February, returning the same
day. His morning outward journeys (bus & Tube) are given correctly. The
evening return is totally absent. Next use of the card suggests £5.50 in
total was deducted for that day, which should have been capped at £5.40
(Zones 1-4 Off-Peak).

I'm not going to chase up 10p. Does anyone know why there was this glitch?

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

I've just been going through my journey history to check for any
unresolved journeys and I've found this:

26/02/08 20:17 Watford Junction Exit £2.00 £26.40
19:50 Euston NR Entry - £5.00 £24.40
22/02/08 20:14 Watford Junction Exit £2.00 £38.40
19:38 Euston NR Entry - £5.00 £36.40

The totals are correct because there is my return journey on Monday
25th and outward journey on morning 26th missing (total £9).

Tim.

Old March 13th 08, 11:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mar 6, 10:46 am, "Graham J" wrote:
They seem to have recently introduced the minus sign into Journey
History, which improves clarity a bit. This is a very advanced concept
for the 21st Century...

Indeed they have, although now the 'Price Cap' column is completely empty so
they give with one hand and take away with the other.

G.

And the minus sign is completely useless. AFAICT they've added a minus
sign when it's an Entry. The Exit items are all still positive,
regardless of whether the value is added back to the card or
subtracted from it.

I don't know if it's ever possible for an entry to be positive but I
suspect this would be wrong as well.

Tim.
Old March 13th 08, 11:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

[...]

To follow up, now I've put the whole lot into a spreadsheet and
managed to comprehend TfL maths.

I've got a PM journey on 18/1 missing
I've got an AM journey on 28/1 missing
I've got a PM journey on 29/1 missing
I've got an AM and PM journey on 25/2 missing
I've got an AM journey on 26/2 missing
I've got a PM ENTRY on 6/3 missing.

The last one in particular is pretty weird. The £2 credit at exit
Watford Junction is showing but the £5 debit at entry Euston is
missing.

Why don't they send you an email if you ever get an unresolved journey
so you can get it resolved. Although I suppose it's a good thing
because it means I check what's in my journey history.

Tim.
Old March 13th 08, 04:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

" typed

On Mar 13, 12:00 pm, "
wrote:
Why don't they send you an email if you ever get an unresolved journey
so you can get it resolved. Although I suppose it's a good thing
because it means I check what's in my journey history.

I think they sent emails for unresolved journeys in the past, but have
now stopped.

Given that we see how unreliable the Journey History has been over the
past year (I think it was unavailable foe two months over the summer
while the website was 'upgraded'), this is really unfair.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.