Old March 10th 08, 07:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
No Name

Default Drivers pleasure

Do drivers get pleasure from closing the doors and preventing people from
getting on?....I think the answer is yes. I reckon they time it perfectly.

Old March 10th 08, 07:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message ,
writes
Do drivers get pleasure from closing the doors and preventing people from
getting on?....I think the answer is yes. I reckon they time it perfectly.

Yep, first for the next one... ;-)
--
Kenny
Old March 10th 08, 09:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message

Do drivers get pleasure from closing the doors and preventing people
from getting on?

Not as much as Northern Line drivers get from closing the doors of a
Charing Cross train at Kennington just as we're getting off a Bank one and
trying to change! Miserable *******s.

Ian

Old March 10th 08, 09:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Ian F." wrote in message
wrote in message

Do drivers get pleasure from closing the doors and preventing people from
getting on?

Not as much as Northern Line drivers get from closing the doors of a
Charing Cross train at Kennington just as we're getting off a Bank one and
trying to change! Miserable *******s.

Do you think that they know?

tim

Old March 11th 08, 09:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"tim (not at home)" wrote in message

Do you think that they know?

Certainly. They can see/hear the train coming in on the opposite platform
and know dozens of people will want to change. So they pull off just in
time to make us wait for the next one!

Ian
(waits for someone to start going on about timetables - as if the Northern
Line ever sticks to one!) ;-)

Old March 11th 08, 10:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 10:10:35 -0000, "Ian F."
wrote this gibberish:

"tim (not at home)" wrote in message

Do you think that they know?

Certainly. They can see/hear the train coming in on the opposite platform
and know dozens of people will want to change. So they pull off just in
time to make us wait for the next one!

Ian
(waits for someone to start going on about timetables - as if the Northern
Line ever sticks to one!) ;-)

the northern line has a timetable?

--
Mark.
www.MarkVarleyPhoto.co.uk

Old March 11th 08, 05:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 21:02:27 GMT, "Richard J."

Do drivers get pleasure from closing the doors and preventing people
from getting on?....I think the answer is yes. I reckon they time it
perfectly.

In the peaks, if it means that the train runs to time and the following ones
are not delayed, then that's the right thing to do, as it benefits most
passengers. Yes, drivers should certainly be pleased to achieve that.

No, they should be unhappy about being told to be rude to their
customers In any case, isn't it quicker overall to let passengers
board and so make the platfomr clearer for disembarkers from following
trains?

Richard J.

Peter Lawrence
Old March 11th 08, 05:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mar 11, 6:07 pm, "Peter Lawrence" wrote:
On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 21:02:27 GMT, "Richard J."

Do drivers get pleasure from closing the doors and preventing people
from getting on?....I think the answer is yes. I reckon they time it
perfectly.

In the peaks, if it means that the train runs to time and the following ones
are not delayed, then that's the right thing to do, as it benefits most
passengers. Yes, drivers should certainly be pleased to achieve that.

No, they should be unhappy about being told to be rude to their
customers In any case, isn't it quicker overall to let passengers
board and so make the platfomr clearer for disembarkers from following
trains?

Essentially you are saying that, at very busy stations like Victoria,
every train should only leave the platform when it is full.