Old November 20th 09, 02:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Is it time for transport unions to be banned?

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 07:33:59 -0800 (PST)
MIG wrote:
Why? Companies generate wealth, unions just generate trouble and have had
their day and should be dispensed with. They sole purpose seems to be to
extort employers.

Only in the sense that the sole purpose of private companies is to
exploit slave labour.

I think you'll find that it's workers who generate wealth.

Whats this, Marxism For Dummies? What a load of BS. You might want to go and
educate yourself on what real slave labour is like, and not farcially try and
compare it with jobs that people choose to do and get paid money for so doing.

And without private companies and the entreprenuers who start them we'd end up
with a bankrupt, dead end society going nowhere just like the soviet union
ended up as.

B2003

Old November 20th 09, 03:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

MIG wrote:
Why? Companies generate wealth, unions just generate trouble and have had
their day and should be dispensed with. They sole purpose seems to be to
extort employers.

Only in the sense that the sole purpose of private companies is to
exploit slave labour.

I think you'll find that it's workers who generate wealth.

Whats this, Marxism For Dummies? What a load of BS. You might want to go and
educate yourself on what real slave labour is like, and not farcially try and
compare it with jobs that people choose to do and get paid money for so doing.

And without private companies and the entreprenuers who start them we'd end up
with a bankrupt, dead end society going nowhere just like the soviet union
ended up as.

B2003

At least read what I actually said. I did not in any way claim that
any paid jobs in the railways constitute slave labour. I was making a
"sole purpose" statement which was equivalently extreme to yours.

As it happens, slave labour is the ultimate aim of private companies
if their power is not balanced by the labour having some kind of
representation. In this country it is balanced to some extent, so we
don't have slave labour outside of the industries that exploit
"illegals".
Old November 20th 09, 03:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 20 Nov, 15:29, wrote:
On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 15:24:15 +0000

Bruce wrote:
What is needed here, and across much of the public service sector, is
a combination of a no-strike deal and compulsory pendulum arbitration
of pay claims. *But it will never happen under Labour, because Labour
doesn't want to upset its Union paymasters.

A good suggestion I heard was that there must be something like a 75%
turnout on a strike ballot vote before any strike can legally go ahead.

B2003

As long as you need the same turnout to get into government, and the
same turnout of MPs to vote oppressive legislation through ... and so
on.

Old November 20th 09, 03:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Recliner) wrote:

I don't like Bob Crow any more than you do, but I do get fed up
with the repeated misspelling of his name, along with George
Osborne (not Osbourne).

Eek! Now there's a killer combination! What are they doing together?

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old November 20th 09, 04:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Nov 20, 9:34*am, wrote:
[Thatcherite nonsense snipped]

No. And that's said as someone who's absolutely not a fan of the RMT's
tactics or leadership.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org
Old November 20th 09, 10:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Nov 20, 5:46�pm, Bruce wrote:
On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 10:56:52 -0600,
wrote:

In article ,
(Recliner) wrote:

I don't like Bob Crow any more than you do, but I do get fed up
with the repeated misspelling of his name, along with George
Osborne (not Osbourne).

Eek! Now there's a killer combination! What are they doing together?

Lunching on a Russian oligarch's yacht, perhaps?

Oh, silly me, that was Peter Mandyperson. �;-)

I heard Crow on the local news this evening - he's again jumping on
the "elf'nsafety" banwagon, regarding track inspections on the Jubilee
Line. Clearly his overpaid members are looking for some more Christmas
shopping time in which to spend their inflated paypackets!

Marc.