Old December 7th 09, 12:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Cannot get Railcard discount loaded on to Oyster

On Dec 4, 6:46*pm, Uncle-C wrote:
On 4 Dec, 16:37, martin wrote:

As I mentioned upthread, the price of a one day bus and tram pass is
currently equal to the Railcard z2-6 off-peak cap, so it's all
academic this year. However, next year, the bus cap will be £3.90, and
the Railcard z2-6 cap will be £3.35, so it's possible this will apply
again after January 2nd.

Good work ! How did you manage to find out that the new z2-6 cap, as
from 02.01.10, will be £3.35 ? That's a mere £0.05 increase *- very
noble of TfL !

The 2010 fares are now on the TfL website - the Railcard caps can be
found at http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/faresa...ares/6769.aspx

Old December 8th 09, 05:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Clive Page
writes

I'm pleased to report success at Farringdon Station this morning. The
ticket office clerk did not make me fill in a registration form and did
it in under a minute. Full marks to him.

Whether the reduced cap actually works I've yet to find out, as I didn't
make enough tube journeys today to reach the limit, but I probably will
do in a few days time.

--
Clive Page
Old December 8th 09, 10:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message ,
writes
Are you saying he put the railcard on an unregistered Oyster card? The guy
at St James's Park wouldn't let me do that.

I *think* mine is a registered card, as I vaguely remember registering
my details when I got it ages ago. Presumably he could determine that.

--
Clive Page
Old December 9th 09, 07:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , (Clive
Page) wrote:

In message ,
writes
Are you saying he put the railcard on an unregistered Oyster card? The
guy at St James's Park wouldn't let me do that.

I *think* mine is a registered card, as I vaguely remember
registering my details when I got it ages ago. Presumably he could
determine that.

That would explain it, then.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old December 9th 09, 04:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 9 Dec, 08:50, wrote:
In article , (Clive

Page) wrote:
In message ,
writes
Are you saying he put the railcard on an unregistered Oyster card? The
guy at St James's Park wouldn't let me do that.

I *think* mine is a registered card, as I vaguely remember
registering my details when I got it ages ago. *Presumably he could
determine that.

That would explain it, then.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

What's the problem with registering your Oyster? Your railcard is
already registered....
Old December 12th 09, 08:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Clive Page wrote:
According to TfL, it should be possible to get certain National
Railcards (such as a Senior Railcard) loaded on to an Oyster card so
that a lower daily price cap applies.

My wife and I both managed this last year, but our Senior Railcards
expired and we had to renew, so we have just realised that we need to
renew the loading of the Railcard on to our respective Oyster cards.

The problem is that nobody seems to know how to do it. We have tried at
tube stations, and at City Thameslink (one of the specifically named
National Rail stations said to be able to do it). In all cases the
ticket office staff state initially that it cannot be done, and when
presented with evidence to the contrary, such as a printout of the
relevant web page http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/oysteronline/9261.aspx
simply say that they don't know how to do it, even after consulting
their supervisors.

Has anyone managed to get their price cap reduced by loading a NR
railcard on to an Oyster card, and if so what's the secret?

I would complain to TfL but cannot work out how to do this on their
website without answering a host of pointless questions, such as "date
of incident" etc.

My wife and I got our Senior Railcards registered to our Oysters the
other day at Euston Underground booking office, and it was quite
painless and took a few seconds. Last year I had to fill in another
registration form, but there was none of that this time.

Peter Beale
Old January 7th 10, 11:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Clive Page wrote

writes
Are you saying he put the railcard on an unregistered Oyster card?

The guy
at St James's Park wouldn't let me do that.

I *think* mine is a registered card, as I vaguely remember

registering
my details when I got it ages ago. Presumably he could determine

that.

It seems he could.

http://www.pcc.me.uk/~peter/tfl/docs/toph4.pdf
{oldish ticket clerk instuctions}
Which I found while looking for something else.

http://www.pcc.me.uk/~peter/tfl/
Peter Collingbourne {posted 17-Aug-2008, he seems to be a FOI
enthusiast}
TFL / LUL
This page contains various information about these organisations. I am
publishing this information for those who are interested in transport
systems, for those who wish to ensure that procedures reflect the
relevant legislation, etc.==

This may help since it contains the "adding a discount" and other
terminology that would have been used in training.

--
Mike D

--
Mike D