Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 28th 09, 10:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Cannot get Railcard discount loaded on to Oyster

According to TfL, it should be possible to get certain National
Railcards (such as a Senior Railcard) loaded on to an Oyster card so
that a lower daily price cap applies.

My wife and I both managed this last year, but our Senior Railcards
expired and we had to renew, so we have just realised that we need to
renew the loading of the Railcard on to our respective Oyster cards.

The problem is that nobody seems to know how to do it. We have tried at
tube stations, and at City Thameslink (one of the specifically named
National Rail stations said to be able to do it). In all cases the
ticket office staff state initially that it cannot be done, and when
presented with evidence to the contrary, such as a printout of the
relevant web page http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/oysteronline/9261.aspx
simply say that they don't know how to do it, even after consulting
their supervisors.

Has anyone managed to get their price cap reduced by loading a NR
railcard on to an Oyster card, and if so what's the secret?

I would complain to TfL but cannot work out how to do this on their
website without answering a host of pointless questions, such as "date
of incident" etc.

--
Clive Page