Old December 3rd 09, 02:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Stratford International now open

Paul Scott wrote:
"alexandali" wrote in message
I turned up at St Pancras today and asked if my travelcard was valid
(from my local station plus zones 1-6). It gave 'seek assistance' on
the gate, but the nice man had a look at it, saw that it said 'any
permitted' and let me through. It was also gripped on the train and
then again failed to open the gate at Stratford International - let
through again without any complaints. I don't know that this means
that travelcards are really valid here though... I got my unguided
tour on a bus around the Olympic site - as the only passenger - round
to platform 11 and back into Stratford 'Regional' .

All the published info clearly states that 'travelcards' (ie zones 1-6 only)
are not valid.
But were you using an 'outboundary travelcard' form an origin in Kent
somewhere?

Paul S

A premium service, I guess.

But one is allowed to use Oystercards from Euston to Watford Junction on
Intercity, high-speed trains that call at the latter, are they not?

Old December 3rd 09, 03:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

wrote in message

But one is allowed to use Oystercards from Euston to Watford Junction on
Intercity, high-speed trains that call at the latter, are they not?

I think because they have 'set down' restrictions from Euston to Watford
Junction they can justify not accepting them.

[It's different if a boundary zone extension ticket is held to a destination
beyond WJ, I believe]

Paul S

Old December 3rd 09, 05:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
MIG MIG is offline

On 3 Dec, 16:57, "Paul Scott" wrote:
wrote in message

But one is allowed to use Oystercards from Euston to Watford Junction on
Intercity, high-speed trains that call at the latter, are they not?

I think because they have 'set down' restrictions from Euston to Watford
Junction they can justify not accepting them.

[It's different if a boundary zone extension ticket is held to a destination
beyond WJ, I believe]

Paul S

It certainly is. It took over seven months to get them to admit it,
but in the end they did.