Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 16th 03, 05:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default The UK march agaimst Bush

In
Mait001 wrote:

So WHO are all these people who demonstrate?

I think your subsequent sentence:-

trade union demonstrators, animal
rights activists, environmentalists etc

gives the answer you were seeking, i.e. the usual rent-a-mob suspects.

Yeah, like pensioners. You're just a bigot. This is all about
your dumb feelings, about yobs and people you think are beneath
you -- isn't that right?

People are demonstrating all the time about all manner of things,

Really?

Aren't they?

I bet you if you asked around your friends, you might be surprised.

I have already stated that, amongst my friends, NONE of them has ever been on a
demonstration. Now that I think of it, the same applies to my neighbours - the
ones that I know.

So who are all those people? More than a million people
is just a rent-a-mob? Or do you actually want people to take what
you say seriously?

they, like
me, are just getting on with their own lives and doing the best they can to
create a secure future for their families.

You think demonstrators don't do that as well?

Not at the same time that they are demonstrating!
Which is why I started commenting on this thread: these people are most likely
going to cost me a day's pay on the day them demonstrate.

So you'd rather get your day's pay than do something to prevent thousands of
people from being slaughtered in a war, not sanctioned by the UN, and prosecuted
based on pack of lies?

Ok, so you agreed with the war -- but millions didn't. And many more
are starting to realise they were conned.

But I do agree with
their right to demonstrate, and I believe far more people are exercising
that right than you suppose.

A 100,000 or even a million or so - hardly a significant number when compared
with the population as a whole. Try as you will, all the hype against Bush and
the war cannot change the basic facts.

Not the "population as a whole". Millions couldn't demonstrate -- like children,
people who live too far away, sick people, old people, and of course people who
had no choice but to work. In the face of that, "a million or so" is a lot more
significant than you are trying to suggest.

I also believe that they can make a difference.
Like the one that's going to happen this week.

I believe in fairies too!

Tell that to the Eastern Europeans.

--
kedron