London Banter

-   -   New years day service - or lack thereof (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/10220-new-years-day-service-lack.html)

[email protected] January 1st 10 06:22 PM

New years day service - or lack thereof

In article , (Roland
Perry) wrote:

In message , at
07:56:34 on Fri, 1 Jan 2010,
remarked:
This is no different from last year. Services increase in frequency
from around 1100 or so.

What was different was no free tube travel last night, just buses and
trams, I gather.

The news broadcasts I saw, mentioned "free public transport until
4.30am".

Happy New Year, Roland!

I've already noted that I was confused between the tube and NR.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Chris[_2_] January 1st 10 08:59 PM

New years day service - or lack thereof

On 1 Jan, 14:41, Paul Corfield wrote:
Agreed - I think if we have free travel next year *and* the fares
revision on 1/1/11 (quite likely I would have thought)

Very unlikely actually.....TfL change fares on 2 January every year
now, regardless of the day of the week....

Chris[_2_] January 1st 10 09:00 PM

New years day service - or lack thereof

On 1 Jan, 18:58, "tim...." wrote:
In past years, free travel has been sponsored.

Did they not have a sponsor for yesterday?

Read the thread - references to ING were posted at least 4 hours
before you asked that queestion.....

[email protected] January 1st 10 09:40 PM

New years day service - or lack thereof

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Fri, 1 Jan 2010 13:59:14 -0800 (PST), Chris
wrote:

On 1 Jan, 14:41, Paul Corfield wrote:
Agreed - I think if we have free travel next year *and* the fares
revision on 1/1/11 (quite likely I would have thought)

Very unlikely actually.....TfL change fares on 2 January every year
now, regardless of the day of the week....

Do they? I've learnt something then as I hadn't appreciated it was now
on a fixed date. It used to be the first Sunday in January when I was
involved in the fares revision process (a long time ago!).

I have to admit *I* was puzzled why the change this year is on January
2nd. I'd have expected it to happen on the 3rd though looking at FCC's web
site I see they are changing tomorrow too.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Roland Perry January 1st 10 09:45 PM

New years day service - or lack thereof

In message , at 13:22:22
on Fri, 1 Jan 2010, remarked:

The news broadcasts I saw, mentioned "free public transport until
4.30am".

Happy New Year, Roland!

I've already noted that I was confused between the tube and NR.

Some 23 seconds after I posted my remark. Quick work!

asdf January 1st 10 09:46 PM

On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 22:12:12 +0000, Paul Corfield wrote:

Agreed - I think if we have free travel next year *and* the fares
revision on 1/1/11 (quite likely I would have thought)

Very unlikely actually.....TfL change fares on 2 January every year
now, regardless of the day of the week....

Do they? I've learnt something then as I hadn't appreciated it was now
on a fixed date. It used to be the first Sunday in January when I was
involved in the fares revision process (a long time ago!).

1/1/11 is a Saturday...

[email protected] January 1st 10 10:12 PM

lid (asdf) wrote:

On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 22:12:12 +0000, Paul Corfield wrote:

Agreed - I think if we have free travel next year *and* the fares
revision on 1/1/11 (quite likely I would have thought)

Very unlikely actually.....TfL change fares on 2 January every year
now, regardless of the day of the week....

Do they? I've learnt something then as I hadn't appreciated it was now
on a fixed date. It used to be the first Sunday in January when I was
involved in the fares revision process (a long time ago!).

1/1/11 is a Saturday...

Whatever. The annual fare increase date seems to have crept forward over
the years. Looks like it was the first weekend in January when I started
working in London in 2001/2. Looks like the 2 January date was effective
from at least 2006, though.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

[email protected] January 1st 10 10:15 PM

New years day service - or lack thereof

In article , (Roland
Perry) wrote:

In message , at
13:22:22 on Fri, 1 Jan 2010,
remarked:

The news broadcasts I saw, mentioned "free public transport until
4.30am".

Happy New Year, Roland!

I've already noted that I was confused between the tube and NR.

Some 23 seconds after I posted my remark. Quick work!

Hours before, given that I read and post offline.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Roland Perry January 2nd 10 09:12 AM

New years day service - or lack thereof

In message , at 17:15:04
on Fri, 1 Jan 2010, remarked:
The news broadcasts I saw, mentioned "free public transport until
4.30am".

Happy New Year, Roland!

I've already noted that I was confused between the tube and NR.

Some 23 seconds after I posted my remark. Quick work!

Hours before, given that I read and post offline.

I'm afraid I'm not responsible for reading the newsgroup postings you
haven't yet uploaded, as well as the one you have :)

[email protected] January 2nd 10 09:48 AM

New years day service - or lack thereof

In article , (Roland
Perry) wrote:

In message , at
17:15:04 on Fri, 1 Jan 2010,
remarked:
The news broadcasts I saw, mentioned "free public transport until
4.30am".

Happy New Year, Roland!

I've already noted that I was confused between the tube and NR.

Some 23 seconds after I posted my remark. Quick work!

Hours before, given that I read and post offline.

I'm afraid I'm not responsible for reading the newsgroup postings
you haven't yet uploaded, as well as the one you have :)

Other way round. I hadn't read yours yet when I wrote mine.

--
Colin Rosenstiel