Old January 1st 10, 10:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Maximum transaction values at LU touchscreen machines?

Does anyone know what the maximum transaction value that a LU
touchscreen machine can transact?

Following on from my other thread, I tried to buy/renew an annual zone
1-3 travelcard this morning - only to be told that £1208 was above the
maximum value that the machine would authorise and it cancelled the
transaction.

This should make Monday morning interesting at Southfields given there
is no ticket office there..

btw: Can the Oyster Helpline (0845 330 9876*) still accept Customer
Charter Refund vouchers for telephone transactions?

*which seems to be publicised a lot less now as a method to buy
tickets

Regards
Sunil

Old January 1st 10, 02:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
JS JS is offline

On 1 Jan, 11:10, Sunil Sood wrote:
Does anyone know what the maximum transaction value that a LU
touchscreen machine can transact?

Following on from my other thread, I tried to buy/renew an annual zone
1-3 travelcard this morning - only to be told that £1208 was above the
maximum value that the machine would authorise and it cancelled the
transaction.

This should make Monday morning interesting at Southfields given there
is no ticket office there..

btw: Can theOysterHelpline (0845 330 9876*) still accept Customer
Charter Refund vouchers for telephone transactions?

*which seems to be publicised a lot less now as a method to buy
tickets

Regards
Sunil

Why not renew online to start tomorrow (or Monday for that matter)?
Price will be the same - you can select Southfields as pick-up
location.
Old January 1st 10, 10:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jan 1, 3:58*pm, JS wrote:

Does anyone know what the maximum transaction value that a LU
touchscreen machine can transact?

Following on from my other thread, I tried to buy/renew an annual zone
1-3 travelcard this morning - only to be told that £1208 was above the
maximum value that the machine would authorise and it cancelled the
transaction.

Why not renew online to start tomorrow (or Monday for that matter)?
Price will be the same - you can select Southfields as pick-up
location.

I agree that renewing online is fine for most customers though I need
to redeem some customer charter refund vouchers so will probably need
to find a ticket office..

I was just suprised that anyone trying to buy a Zone 1-3 annual season
ticket wouldn't be able to do it via a touchscreen machine. I presume
this means that most annual travelcards can't be purchased by such
machines?

Regards
Sunil
Old January 1st 10, 10:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Sunil Sood wrote:
Does anyone know what the maximum transaction value that a LU
touchscreen machine can transact?

Following on from my other thread, I tried to buy/renew an annual zone
1-3 travelcard this morning - only to be told that £1208 was above the
maximum value that the machine would authorise and it cancelled the
transaction.

I'd hazard a guess that's more to do with a Self-Service Machine not
being able to issue the Gold Record Card that you get with an Annual.

Cheers,

Barry