Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 3rd 10, 02:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster Extension Permits (OEPs)

I have a Zone 1 and 2 Travelcard on my Oyster and wanted to travel
from Charing Cross to Catford Bridge this Saturday evening and was
hoping to be able to put an Oyster Extension Permit on at one of the
ticket machines at Charing Cross but this option wasn't available. I
did manage to top up my PAYG balance though. I decided then to go to
the ticket office and (surprise, surprise) nobody in the ticket office
knew what an Oyster Extension Permit was. I told them my situation and
one of them said I could just touch in and touch out at the other end
while someone else told me it would be cheaper if I bought a paper
ticket extension. The TfL website still mentions OEPs so it amazes me
that at a big mainline station like Charing Cross the staff haven't
been trained properly for the launch. Has anyone had similar issues on
other routes?