Old January 8th 10, 03:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default What a ripoff.

What's your problem?

Obvious reasons?

It was the only way you could get your copy of Metro?
You wanted to catch a glimpse of the new platforms at Canning Town?

Oh, wait a minute, maybe you had a little problem with bad weather.
What was the problem?

Your car wouldn't start because of the cold
It doesn't have 4WD or snow chains
Or perhaps you have opted NOT to pay for all the roads on your route to
work to be treated so that you can drive safely.

So shouldn't the "pathetic bloody system" comment be targeted more
accurately at YOU?

On 2010-01-06 10:14:47 +0000, d said:

Had to get the tube to work today for obvious reasons. Nice to see a 2.80
fare has gone up to 3.10. And for that extra 30p I get a 15 minute delay
on the central line due to some signal failure or other. Oh what a surprise.

Pathetic bloody system.

B2003

--
Writer / editor on London's River

Old January 8th 10, 08:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 04:01:58 +0000
Bearded wrote:
What's your problem?

Obvious reasons?
It was the only way you could get your copy of Metro?
You wanted to catch a glimpse of the new platforms at Canning Town?

Oh, wait a minute, maybe you had a little problem with bad weather.
What was the problem?

Your car wouldn't start because of the cold
It doesn't have 4WD or snow chains
Or perhaps you have opted NOT to pay for all the roads on your route to
work to be treated so that you can drive safely.

So shouldn't the "pathetic bloody system" comment be targeted more
accurately at YOU?

Is that supposed to be a coherent post? Are you on drugs?

Writer / editor on London's River

Seems to me you've been drinking too much of the river water.

B2003

Old January 9th 10, 05:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jan 8, 9:51*am, wrote:
Is that supposed to be a coherent post? Are you on drugs?

Totally coherent.

By the way, why not complain that the buses weren't running? Or the
taxis (or that they are too expensive/slow)? Or the boats? Or that
the roads are clogged? Or that your feet don't go fast enough? Why
single out one particular mode for complaint when it's at least as bad
for others?

[regards cycling]

I'm obviously going to do it on 2 wheels on a bloody bike and freeze to death in the process arn't I?

No. But you could do like many and cycle *without* freezing to
death. Wrap up warm, like I do. It's perfectly safe if you are
sensible and take your time. All this week I was first to work,
beating *all* my motorised colleagues by cycling. Even when our
outdoor thermometer said -8.8 degrees. I wasn't particularly cold.

PhilD

Old January 10th 10, 08:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london

ps, there are several Oyster Helpline numbers, another leaflet is
needed to select the cheapest for your circumstances, time of day etc.
but 0845 could be 2p/min or less from a BT landline when I last checkedhttp://www.telecom-tariffs.co.uk/

--
Mike D

PPS saynoto0870 is your friend here

Phil

Old January 10th 10, 08:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote

ps, there are several Oyster Helpline numbers, another leaflet is
needed to select the cheapest for your circumstances, time of day

etc.
but 0845 could be 2p/min or less from a BT landline when I last

checkedhttp://www.telecom-tariffs.co.uk/

PPS saynoto0870 is your friend here

As noted in my other post there is now only one geographical
suggestion.

SN
http://www.saynoto0870.com suggests
SN ring 020 7222 5600 (-main TfL Switchboard - ask for Oystercard
SN Ticketing & Refunds -Available Monday-Friday 8am to 6pm only)

http://www.saynoto0870.com/cgi-bin/f...num=1229787187
== quote
New Oyster Helpline! (TfL)
Reply #10 - Dec 28th, 2009, 9:05am Hi there!
I was trying to get through to the Oyster helpline the other day and
found out that the number provided here (020-7227-7891 - a
non-geographical alternative [...]) now just redirects to a
message telling me to "please put down the handset and call
08453309876". [...]
== end quote

--
Mike D
Old January 10th 10, 09:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 10:42:06 -0800 (PST)
PhilD wrote:
On Jan 8, 9:51=A0am, wrote:
Is that supposed to be a coherent post? Are you on drugs?

Totally coherent.

Obviously you have a different definition of the word to the OED.

By the way, why not complain that the buses weren't running? Or the
taxis (or that they are too expensive/slow)? Or the boats? Or that
the roads are clogged? Or that your feet don't go fast enough? Why

Err , because I was talking about the tube? Is this too complicated for you?

single out one particular mode for complaint when it's at least as bad
for others?

The delays weren't due to snow on the line. They were due to some sort of
failure in the ATO system. It happens all the bloody time spring , summer,
autumn and winter and no doubt LU have weather related excuses for all the
seasons ready on standby.

Are you new here btw?

[regards cycling]

I'm obviously going to do it on 2 wheels on a bloody bike and freeze to d=

eath in the process arn't I?

No. But you could do like many and cycle *without* freezing to
death. Wrap up warm, like I do. It's perfectly safe if you are
sensible and take your time. All this week I was first to work,
beating *all* my motorised colleagues by cycling. Even when our
outdoor thermometer said -8.8 degrees. I wasn't particularly cold.

I'd just love to see a sanctamonious muesli muncher like you tackle the
route I drive on your little bicycle. 13 miles of some steep hills and the
north circular. I've yet to see someone riding a bike on the A406 , perhaps
because even cycletards have some basic self preservation instincts left.

As for taking my time , I have more important things to do than spending 2
hours each way cycling along back streets - namely a job and a social life.

B2003

Old January 10th 10, 10:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Fig Fig is offline

On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 22:45:37 -0000, wrote:

I'd just love to see a sanctamonious muesli muncher like you tackle the
route I drive on your little bicycle. 13 miles of some steep hills and
the
north circular. I've yet to see someone riding a bike on the A406 ,
perhaps
because even cycletards have some basic self preservation instincts left.

Nope, it'll because they use a more direct route not available to planet
raping cagers such as your good self.

Hi Boltar. No, I'm not new here.

--
Fig
Old January 10th 10, 11:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

PhilD wrote:
On Jan 8, 9:51=A0am, wrote:
Is that supposed to be a coherent post? Are you on drugs?

Totally coherent.

Obviously you have a different definition of the word to the OED.

By the way, why not complain that the buses weren't running? Or the
taxis (or that they are too expensive/slow)? Or the boats? Or that
the roads are clogged? Or that your feet don't go fast enough? Why

Err , because I was talking about the tube? Is this too complicated for you?

Well, of course it is! He's a cyclist. Cyclists have serious
comprehension problems, everyone knows that. I'm surprised you didn't
remember that, Boltar. You're normally the one voice of sanity and
common sense amongst this newsgroup.

A sign says "Public footpath," cyclists think it means "Cycle lane."
A sign says "No cycling," cyclists think it means "Cycle lane." A
sign says "Cycling prohibited," cyclists think it means "Cycle lane."
A sign says "Cyclists must dismout," cyclists think it means "Cycle
lane." et. etc.

A sign says "Cycle lane," and the cyclists will just ignore it because
there's no just fun cycling where they can't annoy us pedestrians.

HEX Ripoff .... CJB London Transport 28 December 2nd 14 11:38 PM
Ripoff tube fares [email protected] London Transport 9 September 12th 11 06:21 PM
More HEX Shenanigans - ripoff Britain? CJB London Transport 125 February 10th 06 11:04 AM