Old November 17th 03, 12:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Annual - Oyster?

I have an annual gold card, and I'd really like to able not to have to
fiddle with it when getting out of the station.

Ideally, I'd like an Oyster card.
But my annual card doesn't run out until January.

I suppose it's impossible to get it "upgraded" to an Oyster?

Old November 17th 03, 07:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
james007 wrote:
Ideally, I'd like an Oyster card.
But my annual card doesn't run out until January.

I suppose it's impossible to get it "upgraded" to an Oyster?

I believe so. Still, January isn't too long to wait.

--
Good night little fishey-wishes.... I've counted you, so no
sneaky eating each other.

Old November 17th 03, 02:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 08:56:48 +0000 (UTC), Mike Bristow wrote:

In article ,
james007 wrote:
Ideally, I'd like an Oyster card.
But my annual card doesn't run out until January.
I suppose it's impossible to get it "upgraded" to an Oyster?

I believe so. Still, January isn't too long to wait.

I got an e-mail from Oystercard that told me that if I applied for one I could
exchange my Gold Travelcard (expires July 2004) for an Oystercard, free of
charge. I filled out the form and a few days later got an Oystercard with a
freepost envelope to post the paper Travelcard back to them. If I hadn't
posted it, they would have invalidated the Oystercard.

It's worked fine. No problems so far.

Try their website to see whether you can do this online.

You might also try your home station ticket office.

--
Chris Hansen | chrishansenhome at btinternet dot com
Old November 18th 03, 12:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

james007 wrote in message ...
I have an annual gold card, and I'd really like to able not to have to
fiddle with it when getting out of the station.

Ideally, I'd like an Oyster card.
But my annual card doesn't run out until January.

My Z123 Annual also expires on the last day of Jan, and I'd like to
"upgrade" if that is the right word) to an Oyster when the renewal is
due; however, as my current ticket was purchased at a NR station, in
order to allow me to use it as a "Network Goldcard" railcard during
off-peak times and at weekends - if I were to change to an Oyster,
would it be valid as a railcard (as annuals are at the moment), or
will I forfeit this privilege unless I renew at a NR station?

Any info would be gratefully recieved!

Old November 18th 03, 10:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Christian Hansen wrote:
In article ,
james007 wrote:

Ideally, I'd like an Oyster card.
But my annual card doesn't run out until January.
I suppose it's impossible to get it "upgraded" to an Oyster?

Try their website to see whether you can do this online.

And there the answer is...
http://www.oystercard.com/faq_ask_faq10.php

"Yes", is the answer. Excellent.

Old November 19th 03, 01:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

It was a dark and stormy night when james007 wrote in
article ...
Christian Hansen wrote:
In article ,
james007 wrote:

Ideally, I'd like an Oyster card.
But my annual card doesn't run out until January.
I suppose it's impossible to get it "upgraded" to an Oyster?

Try their website to see whether you can do this online.

And there the answer is...
http://www.oystercard.com/faq_ask_faq10.php

"Yes", is the answer. Excellent.

But only if it's a Zone 1-6+ABCD. Sigh.

Grebbsy
--
"All vampires suck, but not all who suck are vampires."
(--B.J.Kuehl)

:::Grebbsy :::::::lemon curry?:::
Old November 19th 03, 03:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Grebbsy McLaren wrote the following
in:

It was a dark and stormy night when james007
wrote in article ...
Christian Hansen wrote:
In article ,
james007 wrote:

Ideally, I'd like an Oyster card.
But my annual card doesn't run out until January.
I suppose it's impossible to get it "upgraded" to an Oyster?
Try their website to see whether you can do this online.

And there the answer is...
http://www.oystercard.com/faq_ask_faq10.php

"Yes", is the answer. Excellent.

But only if it's a Zone 1-6+ABCD. Sigh.

Not true. The form allows you to select what zones your travelcard is
valid for (and you can select any range of zones). Common sense should
tell you that it's not just for zones 1-6 ABCD (I think what it really
means is *within* those zones, not outside them) because it says "We
are expecting a high demand for this service", and that high demand is
hardly likely to be from the millions of passengers in Chesham and
Amersham who travel in to Central London every day. It is quite
confusingly worded though.

--
message by Robin May, but you can call me Mr Smith.
Hello. I'm one of those "roaring fascists of the left wing".

Then and than are different words!
Old November 19th 03, 04:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

It was a dark and stormy night when Robin May northcircular@btopenworld
..com wrote in article . 4
Grebbsy McLaren wrote the following
in:

It was a dark and stormy night when james007
wrote in article ...
Christian Hansen wrote:
In article ,
james007 wrote:

[...]

Ah, right. I didn't read further down the page. Someone report them to
the Grammar Police, perhaps?

Grebbsy

Old November 22nd 03, 09:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 00:21:37 -0000, "Steve Kerridge"
wrote:

"Steve Naïve" wrote in message
(Matt Forbes) wrote in
om:

My Z123 Annual also expires on the last day of Jan, and I'd like to
"upgrade" if that is the right word) to an Oyster when the renewal is
due; however, as my current ticket was purchased at a NR station, in
order to allow me to use it as a "Network Goldcard" railcard during
off-peak times and at weekends - if I were to change to an Oyster,
would it be valid as a railcard (as annuals are at the moment), or
will I forfeit this privilege unless I renew at a NR station?

Yes it will still be valid. If you have a goldcard now (or you buy a new
one) you will get a little bit of paper (in essence the railcard) in
addition to the Oyster.

This is based on the information that was sent with my Oyster - I don't
have an annual so I can't be 100% sure.

--
SteveN
Please remove the N from my email address to reply

However, apparently you cannot exchange a paper ticket for an Oyster card if
the ticket was bought at a NR station. (My brother tried, but was refused
because if this)

I use my Travelcard as a Network Goldcard all the time. When I got my
Oystercard I got another ticketsized piece of paper that will serve as proof
that my Oystercard is, indeed, an annual ticket and eligible to serve as a
Network Goldcard.

So get an annual Oystercard through their website and travel on NR with
abandon!
--
Chris Hansen | chrishansenhome at btinternet dot com