Old January 12th 10, 10:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Silly DLR Question

Are there direct DLR services from Stratford to Lewisham, or will I need
to change?

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I can't find a definitive answer
anywhere.

(Also can anyone advise how long that trip would be likely to take?)

Thanks.

Old January 12th 10, 10:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 12 Jan, 11:50, Tim Fardell tim.fardell.all-your-
wrote:
Are there direct DLR services from Stratford to Lewisham, or will I need
to change?

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I can't find a definitive answer
anywhere.

(Also can anyone advise how long that trip would be likely to take?)

Thanks.

For most of the day there are probably through trains, but when there
aren't, there is always an easy, same or cross-platform change if it
terminates at Canary Wharf or Crossharbour.

I think it takes about 35 minutes.
Old January 12th 10, 11:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Tim Fardell wrote:
Are there direct DLR services from Stratford to Lewisham, or will I
need to change?

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I can't find a definitive
answer anywhere.

(Also can anyone advise how long that trip would be likely to take?)

Thanks.

Have you seen this temporary timetable? Looks like peak only

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...1-jan-2010.pdf

Paul S

Old January 12th 10, 11:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010, Paul Scott wrote:

Tim Fardell wrote:
Are there direct DLR services from Stratford to Lewisham, or will I
need to change?

Have you seen this temporary timetable? Looks like peak only

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...1-jan-2010.pdf

Thanks both. Looks like I might be better off getting the Jubilee Line
down to Canary Wharf and DLR to Lewisham from there.

Old January 12th 10, 11:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Tim Fardell wrote:
Are there direct DLR services from Stratford to Lewisham, or will I
need to change?

Have you seen this temporary timetable? Looks like peak only

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...1-jan-2010.pdf

Thanks both. Looks like I might be better off getting the Jubilee Line
down to Canary Wharf and DLR to Lewisham from there.

No, just get the DLR and change at Canary Wharf.

--
We are the Strasbourg. Referendum is futile.

Old January 12th 10, 11:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...rmation-from-2....

Thanks both. Looks like I might be better off getting the Jubilee Line
down to Canary Wharf and DLR to Lewisham from there.

No, just get the DLR and change at Canary Wharf.

Definitely. Why do a huge change with a long walk to a separate
station when you can do it cross-platform or same-platform?
Old January 12th 10, 12:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010, MIG wrote:

Tim Fardell wrote:
Are there direct DLR services from Stratford to Lewisham, or will I
need to change?

Have you seen this temporary timetable? *Looks like peak only

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...rmation-from-2...

Thanks both. Looks like I might be better off getting the Jubilee Line
down to Canary Wharf and DLR to Lewisham from there.

No, just get the DLR and change at Canary Wharf.

Definitely. Why do a huge change with a long walk to a separate
station when you can do it cross-platform or same-platform?

Because I thought there were no DLR trains during the day from Stratford
to Canary Wharf, due to misreading the temporary timetable. What a
terribly ambiguous document. I'm still not certain I understand it.

Old January 12th 10, 12:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 12 Jan, 13:25, Tim Fardell tim.fardell.all-your-
wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jan 2010, MIG wrote:

Tim Fardell wrote:
Are there direct DLR services from Stratford to Lewisham, or will I
need to change?

Have you seen this temporary timetable? Looks like peak only

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...rmation-from-2...

Thanks both. Looks like I might be better off getting the Jubilee Line
down to Canary Wharf and DLR to Lewisham from there.

No, just get the DLR and change at Canary Wharf.

Definitely. *Why do a huge change with a long walk to a separate
station when you can do it cross-platform or same-platform?

Because I thought there were no DLR trains during the day from Stratford
to Canary Wharf, due to misreading the temporary timetable. What a
terribly ambiguous document. I'm still not certain I understand it.

Yes, it seems to show frequencies of a particular journey being done,
as opposed to the total frequency between two points. You have to add
them up. I think it's consistent in doing it that way, and in some
ways it's a Good Thing in that it describes how the service works, but
probably not what one is used to.
Old January 12th 10, 12:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Tim Fardell wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jan 2010, MIG wrote:

Tim Fardell wrote:
Are there direct DLR services from Stratford to Lewisham, or
will I need to change?

Have you seen this temporary timetable? Looks like peak only

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...rmation-from-2...

Thanks both. Looks like I might be better off getting the Jubilee
Line down to Canary Wharf and DLR to Lewisham from there.

No, just get the DLR and change at Canary Wharf.

Definitely. Why do a huge change with a long walk to a separate
station when you can do it cross-platform or same-platform?

Because I thought there were no DLR trains during the day from
Stratford to Canary Wharf, due to misreading the temporary timetable.
What a terribly ambiguous document. I'm still not certain I
understand it.

You're right about the document being terrible. If you look at the four
Stratford rows together, you see that from 6:30 to 19:30 there is always a 5
minute service from Stratford to Canary or further.

--
We are the Strasbourg. Referendum is futile.

Old January 12th 10, 12:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 12:04:42 on
Tue, 12 Jan 2010, Paul Scott remarked:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...1-jan-2010.pdf

I was caught out yesterday by the DLR closure at Bank. If I'd seen any
advance information about this, then it hadn't registered.

Silly 'break of journey' question Mizter T London Transport 26 July 26th 13 08:31 PM
DLR + NR Question AJM London Transport 2 March 2nd 10 06:18 PM
Hold on to your silly-looking eskimo hats with ear-flaps.... Offramp[_2_] London Transport 0 January 3rd 08 12:35 PM
Probly a silly question - Victoria line Chris p London Transport 5 October 27th 03 09:09 AM