Old February 8th 10, 11:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Through ticketing from tube to rail

Having recently discovered that you can buy through tickets from tube
stations online[1], I have a U123 Londn to Evesham off-peak return
(with Railcard discount) for today[2].
I know that the off-peak restriction applies to the FGW service from
Paddington, but will the ticket be valid for tube connections in the
afternoon peak, ie if I leave home before 1900?

[1] At least, from WebTIS retailers, like East Coast
[2] As an aside, I've also booked a U123 to Pollokshields West Advance
First Class ticket for later in the month. Where do I present my
ticket on the tube for my free tea?

Old February 8th 10, 12:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Feb 8, 12:57 pm, martin wrote:
Having recently discovered that you can buy through tickets from tube
stations online[1], I have a U123 Londn to Evesham off-peak return
(with Railcard discount) for today[2].
I know that the off-peak restriction applies to the FGW service from
Paddington, but will the ticket be valid for tube connections in the
afternoon peak, ie if I leave home before 1900?

Yes, almost certain the peak restriction only applies to the FGW
element of the journey. But it's an interesting point - would an Off-
Peak NR ticket be valid on the Tube before 09:30? I strongly suspect
it would work the gates, but whether it would actually be valid is
another question - I'm minded to think that the Tube element of such a
journey is not subject to any time restrictions though.

(If that is the case, then that would create an interesting situation
on routes where interavailable ticketing applies - e.g. a U123 ticket
is valid on NR between Walthamstow Central and Liverpool Street, but
one could foresee an Off-Peak ticket at least being queried if used
during the morning peak pre 09:30 - perhaps the answer to that is that
it's valid regardless.)

[1] At least, from WebTIS retailers, like East Coast
[2] As an aside, I've also booked a U123 to Pollokshields West Advance
First Class ticket for later in the month. Where do I present my
ticket on the tube for my free tea?

Boris is to announce the return of Pullman carriages on the
Underground... he's happy to announce it, so long as someone else is
going to pay for it!
Old February 10th 10, 11:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Feb 8, 1:32*pm, Mizter T wrote:
On Feb 8, 12:57 pm, martin wrote:

Having recently discovered that you can buy through tickets from tube
stations online[1], I have a U123 Londn to Evesham off-peak return
(with Railcard discount) for today[2].
I know that the off-peak restriction applies to the FGW service from
Paddington, but will the ticket be valid for tube connections in the
afternoon peak, ie if I leave home before 1900?

Yes, almost certain the peak restriction only applies to the FGW
element of the journey.

A change of plans meant that I went into town earlier for dinner (and
used my Oyster card), then jumped on the tube later from TCR using my
ticket at around 1930. Perhaps unsurprisingly, it didn't let me
through the barriers, but a friendly CSA did.

My return may take me to Overground territory - can a U123 ticket take
me to Hackney Central[1], or only as far as H&I, where I'd have to
touch in on the yellow readers with the "Do No Use" stickers[2]?

[1] yes, yes, I know it's zone 2
[2] http://www.flickr.com/photos/teflon/4095612338/