Old February 16th 10, 11:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default FAQ Suggestion: List of Common Abbreviations?

Can I suggest a Glossary section be added to the FAQ for this group
explaining the meaning of the abbreviations used here?

For example, the earlier thread entitled "LM penalty fares scheme: New
Oyster Bizarrity" (Message-ID:
) the
following abbreviations were used with no explanation, meaning I couldn't
make head nor tail of the message:

LM, RP, OEP, NR, NRCoC, PF

Some are guessable, and some I recognise from reading other posts or can
work out from context, but I'm still none the wiser as to what LM and RP
stand for. The FAQ did enlighten me on PF = Penalty Fare, but none of the
others were given.

And this is just from one thread, so I think a section in the FAQ
explaining what they all mean would be useful for the uninitiated.

Just a thought.

Old February 16th 10, 11:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 16 Feb, 12:01, Tim Fardell tim.fardell.all-your-
wrote:
Can I suggest a Glossary section be added to the FAQ for this group
explaining the meaning of the abbreviations used here?

For example, the earlier thread entitled "LM penalty fares scheme: New
Oyster Bizarrity" (Message-ID:
) the
following abbreviations were used with no explanation, meaning I couldn't
make head nor tail of the message:

LM, RP, OEP, NR, NRCoC, PF

Some are guessable, and some I recognise from reading other posts or can
work out from context, but I'm still none the wiser as to what LM and RP
stand for. The FAQ did enlighten me on PF = Penalty Fare, but none of the
others were given.

And this is just from one thread, so I think a section in the FAQ
explaining what they all mean would be useful for the uninitiated.

Just a thought.

What does FAQ stand for?
Old February 16th 10, 11:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
Some are guessable, and some I recognise from reading other posts or can
work out from context, but I'm still none the wiser as to what LM and RP
stand for.

Without reading the thread, I suspect LM = London Midland, and RP =
revenue protection.

PhilD

Old February 16th 10, 12:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 16 Feb, 12:01, Tim Fardell tim.fardell.all-your-
wrote:

LM, RP, OEP, NR, NRCoC

LM Lounge Man
RP Rapid peacock
OEP Open-ended proposal
NR Not Responding
NRCoC Not responding to coals on cranium
Old February 16th 10, 05:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message
, Tim
Fardell writes
Can I suggest a Glossary section be added to the FAQ for this group
explaining the meaning of the abbreviations used here?

For example, the earlier thread entitled "LM penalty fares scheme: New
Oyster Bizarrity" (Message-ID:
) the
following abbreviations were used with no explanation, meaning I couldn't
make head nor tail of the message:

LM, RP, OEP, NR, NRCoC, PF

Some are guessable, and some I recognise from reading other posts or can
work out from context, but I'm still none the wiser as to what LM and RP
stand for. The FAQ did enlighten me on PF = Penalty Fare, but none of the
others were given.

And this is just from one thread, so I think a section in the FAQ
explaining what they all mean would be useful for the uninitiated.

Just a thought.

London Midland
Revenue Protection
Oyster Extension Permit (discussed here at interminable length!)
National Rail
National Rail Conditions of Carriage
Penalty Fare

What do I win?

Old February 16th 10, 06:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

MIG wrote on 16 February 2010 12:15:17 ...
wrote:
Can I suggest a Glossary section be added to the FAQ for this group
explaining the meaning of the abbreviations used here?

For example, the earlier thread entitled "LM penalty fares scheme: New
Oyster Bizarrity" (Message-ID:
) the
following abbreviations were used with no explanation, meaning I couldn't
make head nor tail of the message:

LM, RP, OEP, NR, NRCoC, PF

Some are guessable, and some I recognise from reading other posts or can
work out from context, but I'm still none the wiser as to what LM and RP
stand for. The FAQ did enlighten me on PF = Penalty Fare, but none of the
others were given.

And this is just from one thread, so I think a section in the FAQ
explaining what they all mean would be useful for the uninitiated.

Just a thought.

What does FAQ stand for?

:-)
And where is it, and who maintains it?

--
Richard J.
Old February 16th 10, 10:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , ] (Steve
Fitzgerald) wrote:

London Midland
Revenue Protection
Oyster Extension Permit (discussed here at interminable length!)
National Rail
National Rail Conditions of Carriage
Penalty Fare

What do I win?

A day's free travel on the Piccadilly Line? :-)

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old February 17th 10, 07:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , ] (Steve
Fitzgerald) wrote:

In message ,
writes

London Midland
Revenue Protection
Oyster Extension Permit (discussed here at interminable length!)
National Rail
National Rail Conditions of Carriage
Penalty Fare

What do I win?

A day's free travel on the Piccadilly Line? :-)

Do I get to tell the driver where to go?

I think you probably do. ;-)

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old February 17th 10, 09:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
[...]

I just Googled for "uk.transport.london faq" and turned up:
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/uk/transpor.../preamble.html

Looks like a fair while since the last update, so I guess it's no-longer
being actively maintained.

Is Mr. Barry Salter here?