Old January 6th 08, 11:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Farringdon Underground toilets closed

I stopped at Farringdon, this morning, to use the toilets just inside
the gateline above the steps to Platform 4 - the westbound BedPan
platform. I found my access blocked by a gate - it seems there is no
BedPan service, today.
The toilets have a notice reporting they will be out of order until
further notice. The helpful gateline CSA told me they had been out of
order for a couple of months.
I complained at https://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/contact/tube/default.asp.
I thought it helpful to advise people here.
Had I not been helped at Farringdon, I would have tried the gents at the
front of Baker Street Platform 5 - eastbound Circle and Hammersmith &
City. Baker Street also has ladies outside the gateline in the main
ticket hall.
--
Walter Briscoe

Old January 6th 08, 11:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Walter Briscoe wrote:
I stopped at Farringdon, this morning, to use the toilets just inside
the gateline above the steps to Platform 4 - the westbound BedPan
platform. I found my access blocked by a gate - it seems there is no
BedPan service, today.

That'll be because of ongoing engineering works between Hendon and
London Blackfriars. I can't remember the last time anyone refered to the
Thameslink service as the BedPan service - having said that,
Thameslink trains from Bedford are going no further south than London St
Pancras so the BedPan service proper is operating today! ;-)

The toilets have a notice reporting they will be out of order until
further notice. The helpful gateline CSA told me they had been out of
order for a couple of months.
I complained at https://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/contact/tube/default.asp.
I thought it helpful to advise people here.

Personally I never use the toilets at Farringdon but thanks for the advice.

snip
Old January 6th 08, 12:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Walter Briscoe wrote:

it seems there is no BedPan service, today.

applause

Old January 6th 08, 12:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jan 6, 1:18 pm, "John Rowland"
wrote:
Walter Briscoe wrote:

it seems there is no BedPan service, today.

applause

LOROL!
Old January 6th 08, 04:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 05:34:32 -0800 (PST), Offramp wrote:

On Jan 6, 1:18 pm, "John Rowland"
wrote:
Walter Briscoe wrote:

it seems there is no BedPan service, today.

applause

LOROL!

What have they got to do with Farringdon?

--
jhk

Old January 6th 08, 05:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
Walter Briscoe wrote:

it seems there is no BedPan service, today.
applause

LOROL!

What have they got to do with Farringdon?

See lol, ror, and lolol in Urban Dictionary.
--
Michael Hoffman
Old January 6th 08, 06:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Also see http://www.lorol.co.uk/ :-)

--
jhk
Old January 6th 08, 06:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
Walter Briscoe wrote:

it seems there is no BedPan service, today.
applause
LOROL!
What have they got to do with Farringdon?

See lol, ror, and lolol in Urban Dictionary.

Also see http://www.lorol.co.uk/ :-)

Yeah, I know.
--
Michael Hoffman
Old January 7th 08, 01:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Jarle H Knudsen wrote:
Also see http://www.lorol.co.uk/ :-)

Ah yes, the good ol' London Overground Roll On Laughing.

Old January 12th 08, 07:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message of Sun, 6 Jan 2008
12:08:50 in uk.transport.london, Walter Briscoe
writes
I stopped at Farringdon, this morning, to use the toilets just inside
the gateline above the steps to Platform 4 - the westbound BedPan
platform. I found my access blocked by a gate
The toilets have a notice reporting they will be out of order until
further notice. The helpful gateline CSA told me they had been out of
order for a couple of months.
I complained at https://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/contact/tube/default.asp.
I thought it helpful to advise people here.

[snip]

I quote a response from

The problem with these facilities was due to flooding.* As the station
is due for refurbishment in the near future our original intention was
to carry out the work at the same time.* However, with the number of
customers' requests to re-open the facilities we've received recently,
the work has been rescheduled and started on 8 January.

A pity that information had not reached the station on 6 January.
Somebody might like to report completion of the work in this thread. I
shall ask Customer Services for more information.
--
Walter Briscoe