Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 1st 03, 06:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster Confusion

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 12:26:17 +0000, Robert Woolley
wrote:

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 12:02:10 GMT, Thunderbug
wrote:

Ideally though, I'd just walk through the gate without visitng the
machine, and let the gate deduct me £3.80 or whatver from my card.

This is exactly how pre-pay will work.

a) You go through an entry gate. The value of the most expensive tube
journey gates gets take off the Oyster card.

b) You go through an exit gate. The balance between the most
expensive journey and your actual journey is restored onto the card.

Rog.

It is fun watching the frustration on several Oyster Card users, when
their card won't operate through their handbag or wallet and they have
to get the card out to operate the gates!!!! I'll stick with my
annual season ticket.

Life without sex just isn't life.
Make love not war!