Old February 4th 04, 01:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster and interchange with DLR confusion

Can anyone confirm the interchange arrangements between the Tube and
DLR (and indeed other railways) and what the charges are. It's not too
clear.

An example journey.

Blackfriars to Blackwall.
I take the the District line from Blackfriars to Tower Hill.
Swiping in and out at both stations. Oyster deducts a zone 1 single
fare.
I then join the DLR at Tower Gateway to Blackwall. Swiping in and out
at both again. This time what is deducted?

The total fare for the entire journey should be £2.00 ie
the zone 1-2 fare. However I don't think it is.

This is unfair as if I bought a printed ticket. I could do this
journey for £2.20 With Oyster I pay more.

This also applies to similar journeys where there are seperate
stations.
Such as at Shadwell with the connection to the East London line.

So how does it work and how much do I pay?

ANDY

Old February 4th 04, 03:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Londoncityslicker" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Tower Hill / Gateway *should* be an out of station interchange.

Check how much you're being deducted by using one of the big ticket machines
or ask a ticket office, when they're not too busy for a printout. If you're
being overcharged, contact the Oystercard helpdesk.

Old February 4th 04, 04:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I had a similar thing with Kings X, when doing Baker Street to Belsize Park.

i.e.
Swipe in at Baker Street
Swipe out of the circle line at Kings X
Swipe back in to the NPV at Kings X
Swipe out at Belsize Park

If you look on the machine, it said my first journey was free, and charged
me correctly for my second bit, so I guess they've thought of this
situation, and it's OK.

Interesting one to ponder though - what would happen if you went from a zone
5 station in to kings cross, then out to a zone 2 station. Perhaps it makes
the cheapest fare the free one.

JP

Old February 4th 04, 06:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"J. Public" wrote in message
I had a similar thing with Kings X, when doing Baker Street to Belsize

Park.

i.e.
Swipe in at Baker Street
Swipe out of the circle line at Kings X
Swipe back in to the NPV at Kings X
Swipe out at Belsize Park

If you look on the machine, it said my first journey was free, and charged
me correctly for my second bit, so I guess they've thought of this
situation, and it's OK.

Interesting one to ponder though - what would happen if you went from a

zone
5 station in to kings cross, then out to a zone 2 station. Perhaps it

makes
the cheapest fare the free one.

Because of the station layout the gates at Kings Cross accept you leaving
and re-entering as it's a designated out of station interchange.

If you travel in from zone 5 and exit at a zone 2 station, going via zone 1,
you'd be charged a single fare for zone 5 to zone 1.