Old May 24th 10, 02:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Lost property on buses

I've, or rather my daughter, left something on a bus. Assuming it is
found by the driver or cleaning staff is there any point or way to
contact the garage or should I just go via Baker Street?

David

Old May 24th 10, 03:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message
,
David Walters writes

I've, or rather my daughter, left something on a bus. Assuming it is
found by the driver or cleaning staff is there any point or way to
contact the garage or should I just go via Baker Street?

Yes: property lost on buses is often held for several days at the garage
before being sent to Baker Street.

If you know the route number, someone here should be able to tell you
which garage to contact.

Otherwise use the form at
https://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/contact/l...y/default.aspx
--
Paul Terry
Old May 24th 10, 05:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On May 24, 4:38*pm, Paul Terry wrote:
In message
,
David Walters writes

I've, or rather my daughter, left something on a bus. Assuming it is
found by the driver or cleaning staff is there any point or way to
contact the garage or should I just go via Baker Street?

Yes: property lost on buses is often held for several days at the garage
before being sent to Baker Street.

If you know the route number, someone here should be able to tell you
which garage to contact.

It was the 125 so I think Wood Green?

I've just found the following page so I'll give them a call in the
morning:
http://www.arrivalondon.com/lostprop/27/slug:What-to-do

David
Old May 24th 10, 06:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message
,
David Walters writes

On May 24, 4:38*pm, Paul Terry wrote:
In message
,
David Walters writes

I've, or rather my daughter, left something on a bus. Assuming it is
found by the driver or cleaning staff is there any point or way to
contact the garage or should I just go via Baker Street?

Yes: property lost on buses is often held for several days at the garage
before being sent to Baker Street.

If you know the route number, someone here should be able to tell you
which garage to contact.

It was the 125 so I think Wood Green?

More likely Palmers Green.

I've just found the following page so I'll give them a call in the
morning:
http://www.arrivalondon.com/lostprop/27/slug:What-to-do

It's certainly an Arriva (North London) service, so that should do the
trick.
--
Paul Terry
Old May 24th 10, 06:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On May 24, 6:49*pm, David Walters wrote:

On May 24, 4:38*pm, Paul Terry wrote:

In message
,
David Walters writes

I've, or rather my daughter, left something on a bus. Assuming it is
found by the driver or cleaning staff is there any point or way to
contact the garage or should I just go via Baker Street?

Yes: property lost on buses is often held for several days at the garage
before being sent to Baker Street.

If you know the route number, someone here should be able to tell you
which garage to contact.

It was the 125 so I think Wood Green?

I've just found the following page so I'll give them a call in the
morning:http://www.arrivalondon.com/lostprop/27/slug:What-to-do

The 125 operates out of Palmer's Green depot on Regents Avenue, N13.

When I lost something I just pitched up at the garage and asked - was
unsuccessful but they were very helpful. (In the end it turned up via
the excellent TfL Lost Property office - I had in fact left said item
on the Tube, but wasn't sure where I'd put it down on the day!)

Old May 24th 10, 06:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On May 24, 7:45*pm, Mizter T wrote:

On May 24, 6:49*pm, David Walters wrote:

On May 24, 4:38*pm, Paul Terry wrote:

In message
,
David Walters writes

I've, or rather my daughter, left something on a bus. Assuming it is
found by the driver or cleaning staff is there any point or way to
contact the garage or should I just go via Baker Street?

Yes: property lost on buses is often held for several days at the garage
before being sent to Baker Street.

If you know the route number, someone here should be able to tell you
which garage to contact.

It was the 125 so I think Wood Green?

I've just found the following page so I'll give them a call in the
morning:http://www.arrivalondon.com/lostprop/27/slug:What-to-do

The 125 operates out of Palmer's Green depot on Regents Avenue, N13.

I should have added that I got that info from this v. useful site:
http://www.londonbusroutes.net/garages.htm
Old May 24th 10, 07:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 24 May, 19:46, Mizter T wrote:
[...]

I find that site useful, but I am not sure how often it is updated. I
was looking at it recently because I'd noticed that New Cross seemed
to be providing buses for the 89 again, but this isn't reflected in
the site (yet).
Old May 24th 10, 08:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On May 24, 8:53*pm, MIG wrote:

On 24 May, 19:46, Mizter T wrote:

On May 24, 7:45*pm, Mizter T wrote:
[snip]
The 125 operates out of Palmer's Green depot on Regents Avenue, N13.

I should have added that I got that info from this v. useful site:
http://www.londonbusroutes.net/garages.htm

I find that site useful, but I am not sure how often it is updated. *I
was looking at it recently because I'd noticed that New Cross seemed
to be providing buses for the 89 again, but this isn't reflected in
the site (yet).

The guy behind it, Robert Munster (who works in the industry), seems
pretty hot on keeping it up to date - the front page has a 'last
updated' date of 22 May, and the 'service changes' page are kept up to
date too - see:
http://www.londonbusroutes.net/changes.htm

He might not know about the 89 though!
Old May 24th 10, 09:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 24 May, 21:49, Mizter T wrote:
On May 24, 8:53*pm, MIG wrote:

On 24 May, 19:46, Mizter T wrote:

On May 24, 7:45*pm, Mizter T wrote:
[snip]
The 125 operates out of Palmer's Green depot on Regents Avenue, N13..

I should have added that I got that info from this v. useful site:
http://www.londonbusroutes.net/garages.htm

I find that site useful, but I am not sure how often it is updated. *I
was looking at it recently because I'd noticed that New Cross seemed
to be providing buses for the 89 again, but this isn't reflected in
the site (yet).

The guy behind it, Robert Munster (who works in the industry), seems
pretty hot on keeping it up to date - the front page has a 'last
updated' date of 22 May, and the 'service changes' page are kept up to
date too - see:
http://www.londonbusroutes.net/changes.htm

He might not know about the 89 though!

I suppose it's possible that some buses have been shifted from New
Cross to Bexleyheath complete with "NX" but it seemed like a lot.
Bexleyheath doesn't seem to use the garage code any more, so theirs
are normally recognisable by being blank.
Old May 25th 10, 07:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 25 May, 20:28, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Mon, 24 May 2010 12:53:25 -0700 (PDT), MIG

wrote:
I find that site useful, but I am not sure how often it is updated. *

Once a week - usually on a Friday given service changes occur on a
Saturday in London.

was looking at it recently because I'd noticed that New Cross seemed
to be providing buses for the 89 again, but this isn't reflected in
the site (yet).

Are you sure they are NX workings rather than NX vehicles that have
moved to BX? *There have been a lot of movements of Go Ahead's vehicles
in recent weeks.

I am surprised at this because Robert is very detail focused. I should
know - I get to see his comments on a document that he and I review
approximately once a month.

--
Paul C

That's a possibility (as I mentioned in the other post), although it
did seem to be a lot of them. Has New Cross got a new kind of double
decker displacing them?

Plus there's a history of it, with the two garages sharing the route*
for many years.

*except on Sundays when it was just Bexleyheath.