Old May 25th 10, 08:49 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

Default Buses taking up 2 lanes

Is there some edict down at TfL HQ that london bus drivers have to use up
both waiting lanes at traffic light junctions if theres more than 1 lane in
a given direction? Are they deliberately trying to slow down all the traffic
behind as they slowly drag themselves across the junction when the lights go
green?

Today I got fed up and just went around a bus and stopped in front of him but
he still tried to edge me out of the way by creeping up really close to my
car. Luckily for him he damage it but what the hell is with these morons?

B2003

Old May 25th 10, 09:42 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

wrote in message
Is there some edict down at TfL HQ that london bus drivers have to use up
both waiting lanes at traffic light junctions if theres more than 1 lane
in
a given direction? Are they deliberately trying to slow down all the
traffic
behind as they slowly drag themselves across the junction when the lights
go
green?

Today I got fed up and just went around a bus and stopped in front of him
but
he still tried to edge me out of the way by creeping up really close to my
car. Luckily for him he damage it but what the hell is with these morons?

I have noticed bus drivers driving dangerously close behind me. I'm talking
about a few centimetres. It's ridiculous

Old May 25th 10, 10:17 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

On Tue, 25 May 2010 10:42:44 +0100, Mr. Benn wrote:
wrote in message
Is there some edict down at TfL HQ that london bus drivers have to use up
both waiting lanes at traffic light junctions if theres more than 1 lane
in
a given direction? Are they deliberately trying to slow down all the
traffic
behind as they slowly drag themselves across the junction when the lights
go
green?

Today I got fed up and just went around a bus and stopped in front of him
but
he still tried to edge me out of the way by creeping up really close to my
car. Luckily for him he damage it but what the hell is with these morons?

I have noticed bus drivers driving dangerously close behind me. I'm talking
about a few centimetres. It's ridiculous

It sounds like they've mistaken Bob Newhart's sketch[1] as a traning course
rather than comedy.

[1] http://www.we7.com/track/Bus-Drivers...Id=1148384&m=0
(there's a short ad. at the start, and it takes a while to get going)
Old May 25th 10, 03:56 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

Mr. Benn wrote:
I have noticed bus drivers driving dangerously close behind me. ...

That's your fault. If you drove like most people appear to and did not
use your rear view mirrors, you wouldn't notice them.

Colin Bignell
Old May 26th 10, 09:22 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

"Nightjar "cpb"@" "insertmysurnamehere wrote in message
Mr. Benn wrote:
I have noticed bus drivers driving dangerously close behind me. ...

That's your fault. If you drove like most people appear to and did not use
your rear view mirrors, you wouldn't notice them.

Colin Bignell

Are you serious Colin?

Old May 26th 10, 09:31 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Bod Bod is offline

Mr. Benn wrote:
I have noticed bus drivers driving dangerously close behind me. ...

That's your fault. If you drove like most people appear to and did not
use your rear view mirrors, you wouldn't notice them.

Colin Bignell

Are you serious Colin?

Surely he must be kidding?

Bod
Old May 26th 10, 01:39 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

Mr. Benn wrote:
I have noticed bus drivers driving dangerously close behind me. *...

That's your fault. If you drove like most people appear to and did not use
your rear view mirrors, you wouldn't notice them.

Are you serious Colin?

Of course he is - and he's completely right - if everyone just
concentrated on looking at the road in front of them, and stopped
getting distracted by that which is behind them, then all would be
well. It's none of anyone's business what goes on behind them - we
don't have eyes in the back of our head for a reason.
Old May 26th 10, 01:53 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Mr. Benn wrote:
I have noticed bus drivers driving dangerously close behind me. *....

That's your fault. If you drove like most people appear to and did not use
your rear view mirrors, you wouldn't notice them.

Are you serious Colin?

Of course he is - and he's completely right - if everyone just
concentrated on looking at the road in front of them, and stopped
getting distracted by that which is behind them, then all would be
well. It's none of anyone's business what goes on behind them - we
don't have eyes in the back of our head for a reason.

How can we check our appearance without using mirrors? I am sure that
the majority of drivers do use them.
Old May 26th 10, 02:13 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

Mr. Benn wrote:
I have noticed bus drivers driving dangerously close behind me. *...

That's your fault. If you drove like most people appear to and did not use
your rear view mirrors, you wouldn't notice them.

Are you serious Colin?

Of course he is - and he's completely right - if everyone just
concentrated on looking at the road in front of them, and stopped
getting distracted by that which is behind them, then all would be
well. It's none of anyone's business what goes on behind them - we
don't have eyes in the back of our head for a reason.

I think everyone has missed the most important point, which was that
the reason the buses were too close was that the idiot Boltar was
holding up the flow of traffic by driving too slowly.

It might seem a little strange that someone who was only recently
complaining about other drivers holding up London traffic would be
guilty of the same antisocial behaviour he was complaining about, but
that's Boltar for you. ;-)

Old May 26th 10, 02:23 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

On Wed, 26 May 2010 15:13:31 +0100
Bruce wrote:
I think everyone has missed the most important point, which was that
the reason the buses were too close was that the idiot Boltar was
holding up the flow of traffic by driving too slowly.

It might seem a little strange that someone who was only recently
complaining about other drivers holding up London traffic would be
guilty of the same antisocial behaviour he was complaining about, but
that's Boltar for you. ;-)

Actually you've got in completely arse about tit. The bus was using up both
lanes at the head of the queue so I drove in front of him as far as I could
and when the lights went green I was gone. I had no intention of waiting for
the red slug to heave itself across the junction with a huge queue of
traffic built up behind it.

B2003

Bus Lanes: Proof Of What We All Knew Nuxx Bar London Transport 189 February 10th 08 12:44 PM
Couple banned for life from shopping centre and branded 'terrorists' - for taking photos of their grandchildren Dr. Lippschitz London Transport 0 January 6th 08 11:47 PM
Taking the PIS asdf London Transport 5 September 13th 06 09:28 PM
Taking a dog on the underground AndyColeman London Transport 19 July 23rd 05 09:55 AM
What are bus lanes worth? Aidan Stanger London Transport 8 July 18th 04 06:47 PM