Old May 26th 10, 03:51 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

Default Buses taking up 2 lanes

"Mizter T" wrote in message

On May 26, 10:22 am, "Mr. Benn" wrote:

"Nightjar "cpb"@" "insertmysurnamehere wrote:

Mr. Benn wrote:
I have noticed bus drivers driving dangerously close behind me. ...

That's your fault. If you drove like most people appear to and did not
use
your rear view mirrors, you wouldn't notice them.

Are you serious Colin?

Of course he is - and he's completely right - if everyone just
concentrated on looking at the road in front of them, and stopped
getting distracted by that which is behind them, then all would be
well. It's none of anyone's business what goes on behind them - we
don't have eyes in the back of our head for a reason.

Thanks for your advice. I'll completely remove the rear view mirror in my
car as it doesn't serve any useful purpose. It was useful for the furry
dice though.

Old May 26th 10, 03:59 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Bod Bod is offline

Mr. Benn wrote:
I have noticed bus drivers driving dangerously close behind me. ...

That's your fault. If you drove like most people appear to and did
not use
your rear view mirrors, you wouldn't notice them.

Are you serious Colin?

Of course he is - and he's completely right - if everyone just
concentrated on looking at the road in front of them, and stopped
getting distracted by that which is behind them, then all would be
well. It's none of anyone's business what goes on behind them - we
don't have eyes in the back of our head for a reason.

Thanks for your advice. I'll completely remove the rear view mirror in
my car as it doesn't serve any useful purpose. It was useful for the
furry dice though.

I constantly scan ALL of my mirrors at very regular intervals. To not
do so, would be foolish and not very sensible driving.

I try and anticipate and know what everything is doing around me,
especially if a **** is driving too close to my rear bumper. This tells
me to leave a bigger gap in front of me, just in case the car in front
pulls up suddenly or a kiddie runs out into the road. There's then less
chance of the **** behind me, rearending me.

Constantly checking your rear view mirror IS common sense.

Bod

Old May 26th 10, 09:36 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

On May 26, 4:59*pm, bod wrote:

Mr. Benn wrote:

"Mizter T" wrote:
[snip]
[...]

You sound just like my driving instructor did. Boring. You come across
as a right busybody, sticking you nose in everywhere - just get on
with driving and stop fussing about what other people are doing.
Old May 26th 10, 09:41 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

bod wrote:
Mr. Benn wrote:

Thanks for your advice. I'll completely remove the rear view mirror
in my car as it doesn't serve any useful purpose. It was useful for
the furry dice though.

I constantly scan ALL of my mirrors at very regular intervals. To not
do so, would be foolish and not very sensible driving.

I try and anticipate and know what everything is doing around me,
especially if a **** is driving too close to my rear bumper. This tells
me to leave a bigger gap in front of me, just in case the car in front
pulls up suddenly or a kiddie runs out into the road. There's then less
chance of the **** behind me, rearending me.

Yebbut, you can leave that bigger gap anyway, and then follow the advice.

Old May 27th 10, 07:34 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

Mr. Benn wrote:
"Nightjar "cpb"@" "insertmysurnamehere wrote in message
Mr. Benn wrote:
I have noticed bus drivers driving dangerously close behind me. ...

That's your fault. If you drove like most people appear to and did not
use your rear view mirrors, you wouldn't notice them.

Colin Bignell

Are you serious Colin?

Actually, I wonder if this at the root of so many drivers being totally
unaware of what is happening behind them - they looked in the mirror
once, didn't like what they saw and never looked again.

Colin Bignell
Old May 27th 10, 07:39 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Bod Bod is offline

Mr. Benn wrote:
I have noticed bus drivers driving dangerously close behind me. ...

That's your fault. If you drove like most people appear to and did
not use your rear view mirrors, you wouldn't notice them.

Colin Bignell

Are you serious Colin?

Actually, I wonder if this at the root of so many drivers being totally
unaware of what is happening behind them - they looked in the mirror
once, didn't like what they saw and never looked again.

Colin Bignell

That happened to me once. I gave a lift to a woman, she sat in the
back seat. She was so ugly, that I dared not look in the mirror twice.

Bod
Old May 27th 10, 08:43 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

On Wed, 26 May 2010 14:36:03 -0700 (PDT), Mizter T wrote:

On May 26, 4:59Â*pm, bod wrote:

Mr. Benn wrote:

"Mizter T" wrote:
[snip]
Of course he is - and he's completely right - if everyone just
concentrated on looking at the road in front of them, and stopped
getting distracted by that which is behind them, then all would be
well. It's none of anyone's business what goes on behind them - we
don't have eyes in the back of our head for a reason.

Thanks for your advice. Â*I'll completely remove the rear view mirror in
my car as it doesn't serve any useful purpose. Â*It was useful for the
furry dice though.

Â* I constantly scan ALL of my mirrors at very regular intervals. To not
do so, would be foolish and not very sensible driving.

Â* I try and anticipate and know what everything is doing around me,
especially if a **** is driving too close to my rear bumper. This tells
me to leave a bigger gap in front of me, just in case the car in front
pulls up suddenly or a kiddie runs out into the road. There's then less
chance of the **** behind me, rearending me.

Constantly checking your rear view mirror IS common sense.

You sound just like my driving instructor did. Boring.

If your driving instructor was boring, he/she was probably a good driver.
Boring means not taking risks. It means being consistent and predictable.
It means not getting into sticky situations (as you foresaw a potential
problem and avoided it) and keeping within your limits.
Old May 27th 10, 09:27 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Bod Bod is offline

Nick Finnigan wrote:
bod wrote:
Mr. Benn wrote:

Thanks for your advice. I'll completely remove the rear view mirror
in my car as it doesn't serve any useful purpose. It was useful for
the furry dice though.

I constantly scan ALL of my mirrors at very regular intervals. To not
do so, would be foolish and not very sensible driving.

I try and anticipate and know what everything is doing around me,
especially if a **** is driving too close to my rear bumper. This
tells me to leave a bigger gap in front of me, just in case the car in
front pulls up suddenly or a kiddie runs out into the road. There's
then less chance of the **** behind me, rearending me.

Yebbut, you can leave that bigger gap anyway, and then follow the advice.

I already leave a bigger gap than most drivers do.

Bod
Old May 27th 10, 10:30 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

On May 27, 9:43*am, pete wrote:

On Wed, 26 May 2010 14:36:03 -0700 (PDT), Mizter T wrote:

On May 26, 4:59*pm, bod wrote:

Mr. Benn wrote:

"Mizter T" wrote:
[snip]
[...]

Boring. No wonder it takes so long to get anywhere with people like
you on the roads. You gotta push the limits, man.

Bus Lanes: Proof Of What We All Knew Nuxx Bar London Transport 189 February 10th 08 12:44 PM
Couple banned for life from shopping centre and branded 'terrorists' - for taking photos of their grandchildren Dr. Lippschitz London Transport 0 January 6th 08 11:47 PM
Taking the PIS asdf London Transport 5 September 13th 06 09:28 PM
Taking a dog on the underground AndyColeman London Transport 19 July 23rd 05 09:55 AM
What are bus lanes worth? Aidan Stanger London Transport 8 July 18th 04 06:47 PM