Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 27th 10, 02:28 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

Default Buses taking up 2 lanes

On 27/05/2010 15:05, Bruce wrote:
On Thu, 27 May 2010 13:19:01 +0100, john
wrote:
On 27/05/2010 11:30, Mizter T wrote:

Boring. No wonder it takes so long to get anywhere with people like
you on the roads. You gotta push the limits, man.

Fraid it doesn't work like that. Try going at different speeds on a
known journey in traffic and see how your arrival times vary. Then try
the same journey but stopping all the time - e.g. for petrol etc. You'll
soon see what makes the real difference - not speed but time spent not
moving.

Whooooosh ... !

You may say that... but having been overtaken no less than three times
by the same police car (hence recognizable) in the space of ten miles on
a dual carriageway, then ending up right behind him on the same
off-ramp, I became convinced that speed (from say 45-75) matters little
in overall journey time, it only makes seconds of difference. Hence no
need to push the limits. I'm sure Jenson Button might well agree.

--
John Wright

Use your imagination Marvin!

Life's bad enough as it is - why invent any more of it.

Bus Lanes: Proof Of What We All Knew Nuxx Bar London Transport 189 February 10th 08 12:44 PM
Couple banned for life from shopping centre and branded 'terrorists' - for taking photos of their grandchildren Dr. Lippschitz London Transport 0 January 6th 08 11:47 PM
Taking the PIS asdf London Transport 5 September 13th 06 09:28 PM
Taking a dog on the underground AndyColeman London Transport 19 July 23rd 05 09:55 AM
What are bus lanes worth? Aidan Stanger London Transport 8 July 18th 04 06:47 PM