Old June 1st 10, 06:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Circle Line At Edgware Road

I had to get from Paddington to Kings Cross at about 6pm on Saturday
(May 28th)

As the H&C platforms at Paddington were closed, I went to the Circle/
District line platforms and waited for the first train, fully
expecting to have to change at Edgware Road. Indeed, there were signs
at Paddington saying that "... all trains from this platform terminate
at Edgware Road..".

The first train which came was on the Circle line, but when it arrived
at Edgware Road it came in on the platform that is used for through
services to Baker Street and Kings Cross. There was no announcement
"... all change this train terminates here.. " and after a short while
the doors closed and the train proceeded on to Baker Street.

Does anyone know why this would happen? Is it a special arrangement
when the H&C platforms at Paddington are closed, or a tacit admission
by LU that the new service on the Circle line is not working?

Old June 1st 10, 07:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 1 June, 07:48, Paul wrote:
[...]

Sorry. I got the date wrong in my original post. I meant Saturday May
29th.
Old June 1st 10, 10:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jun 1, 8:04*am, Paul wrote:
On 1 June, 07:48, Paul wrote:

[...]

It seems to have been an (unannounced?) service change to get people
to Paddington.
I was going from Kings Cross to Wood Lane on Saturday, so jumped on a
train which claimed to be a Circle Line train via Paddington. My brain
filled in the gap, and I just assumed it meant it was going to
Hammersmith - but the driver made a bit of a garbled announcement
which suggested that it was, in fact, going the old fashioned way
round the Circle - so I had to change at Baker Street for a proper H&C
train.
Old June 1st 10, 11:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 1 June, 11:12, martin wrote:
On Jun 1, 8:04*am, Paul wrote:

On 1 June, 07:48, Paul wrote:

[...]

Well, if the H & C platforms were closed, then presumably no trains
were coming from Hammersmith, so where would any trains come from that
were continuing from Edgware Road to Baker Street if they didn't run
on from the Circle?
Old June 1st 10, 11:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 1 June, 12:07, MIG wrote:
On 1 June, 11:12, martin wrote:

On Jun 1, 8:04*am, Paul wrote:

On 1 June, 07:48, Paul wrote:

[...]

on from the Circle?- Hide quoted text -

The H&C platforms were closed, but the trains on both the Circle Line
and the H&C line were running through the stations without stopping

Old June 1st 10, 01:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message
, MIG
writes

Well, if the H & C platforms were closed, then presumably no trains
were coming from Hammersmith

No, the service is running as normal but is not stopping at Paddington
at weekends at present because enabling works for the first stage of the
station upgrade have begun.
--
Paul Terry
Old June 1st 10, 03:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 1 June, 14:03, Paul Terry wrote:
In message
, MIG
writes

Well, if the H & C platforms were closed, then presumably no trains
were coming from Hammersmith

No, the service is running as normal but is not stopping at Paddington
at weekends at present because enabling works for the first stage of the
station upgrade have begun.
--
Paul Terry

So presumably down to the previous H & C frequency then, plus old
Circle pattern?