Old July 29th 05, 08:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Edgware Road open

TFL is reporting that Edgware Road is open, and that the District and
H&C (but not the Circle) are running normally.

Does anyone know if service trains started only this morning (Friday) or
if they ran late last night? [H&C was still turning round at Baker
Street at 17:15 last night.]

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work:

Old July 29th 05, 09:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In ,
Clive D. W. Feather typed:
TFL is reporting that Edgware Road is open, and that the District and
H&C (but not the Circle) are running normally.

Does anyone know if service trains started only this morning (Friday)
or if they ran late last night? [H&C was still turning round at Baker
Street at 17:15 last night.]

Because of engineering work at Wood Lane, H&C will not be running until
Tuesday. Only limited service Bkr St- Barkng.

--
Lawrence Myers
Fax No 08719892164

Old July 29th 05, 10:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Clive D. W. Feather wrote:
TFL is reporting that Edgware Road is open, and that the District
and H&C (but not the Circle) are running normally.

Does anyone know if service trains started only this morning
(Friday) or if they ran late last night? [H&C was still turning
round at Baker Street at 17:15 last night.]

According to Metronet's press release, LU resumed services this morning
(Friday).

Metronet say that "A full assessment revealed damage was confined to
cabling carrying signalling information, communications and power.
Ultrasonic inspections confirmed the rail was undamaged."
--
Richard J.

Old July 29th 05, 11:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 09:41:19 on Fri, 29
Jul 2005, Clive D. W. Feather remarked:
TFL is reporting that Edgware Road is open, and that the District and
H&C (but not the Circle) are running normally.

I must have missed the announcement that Aldgate was running again.

And perhaps they'll eventually get around to explaining why the Circle
isn't running yet.

Does anyone have any news on the reinstatement of the Piccadilly? A bit
like Gerrads Cross, it all seems to have gone rather quiet.
Old July 29th 05, 01:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 09:41:19 on
Fri, 29 Jul 2005, Clive D. W. Feather
remarked:
TFL is reporting that Edgware Road is open, and that the District
and H&C (but not the Circle) are running normally.

I must have missed the announcement that Aldgate was running again.

And perhaps they'll eventually get around to explaining why the
Circle isn't running yet.

With Hammersmith depot inaccessible until Tuesday 2 August because of
the bridge works at White City, perhaps there aren't enough trains or
stabling points for them to run the Circle.

Does anyone have any news on the reinstatement of the Piccadilly?

Not me.

--
Richard J.

Old July 29th 05, 02:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Roland Perry wrote:
snip
And perhaps they'll eventually get around to explaining why the Circle
isn't running yet.

I'm perplexed by that as well.

Old July 29th 05, 04:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 12:53:09 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

Does anyone have any news on the reinstatement of the Piccadilly? A bit
like Gerrads Cross, it all seems to have gone rather quiet.

Soon. The site has been handed back by the police. The trains have been
removed. KX platforms have been cleaned up. Recovery team are working
hard to repair the damage.

I'm afraid I can't give a precise date as it would be wrong to set hopes
high only for them to be dashed if there are any delays when, for
example, people start testing systems to make sure they all work and
then a problem is discovered. I hope people will understand.
--
Paul C

Old July 29th 05, 05:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 17:45:26 on
Fri, 29 Jul 2005, Paul Corfield remarked:
Does anyone have any news on the reinstatement of the Piccadilly? A bit
like Gerrads Cross, it all seems to have gone rather quiet.

Soon. The site has been handed back by the police. The trains have been
removed. KX platforms have been cleaned up. Recovery team are working
hard to repair the damage.

I'm afraid I can't give a precise date as it would be wrong to set hopes
high only for them to be dashed if there are any delays when, for
example, people start testing systems to make sure they all work and
then a problem is discovered. I hope people will understand.

Thanks for the progress report. It breaks a rather ominous silence.
Old July 29th 05, 05:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 18:33:18 on
Fri, 29 Jul 2005, Paul Corfield remarked:
There's been nothing to say because the police have had the site for so
long and it is impossible to kick them off site just because we'd like
to get a railway running. Their investigations take precedence. In such
circumstances it would have been daft to make any predictions about
return to service dates.

Yes, but a few reports like "today we finished clearing the train away",
"today we got the site back", and so on would give passengers the
feeling that progress was being made.