Old June 9th 10, 01:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default World Cup tube strikes

Oddly, they don't seem to tie in with England's World Cup matches very
well. RMT union members will walk out at 1900 BST on 23 June and 7 July
for two 48 hour strikes. England's final group match (possibly final
match) will be on the 23rd at 15:00 BST. The second strike will cover
the semi-final which might contain England if we come second in our
group. If the RMT had scheduled it earlier they could have covered both
semifinals with it. Did someone at the RMT use a schedule in South
African time and calculate wrongly?

Old June 9th 10, 03:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 9 June, 14:35, Basil Jet wrote:
Oddly, they don't seem to tie in with England's World Cup matches very
well. RMT union members will walk out at 1900 BST on 23 June and 7 July
for two 48 hour strikes. England's final group match (possibly final
match) will be on the 23rd at 15:00 BST. The second strike will cover
the semi-final which might contain England if we come second in our
group. If the RMT had scheduled it earlier they could have covered both
semifinals with it. Did someone at the RMT use a schedule in South
African time and calculate wrongly?

Uh? One generally does a longer shift at the picket line than at work.
Old June 9th 10, 04:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jun 9, 2:35*pm, Basil Jet wrote:
Oddly, they don't seem to tie in with England's World Cup matches very
well. [...]

Let me rewrite that for you:
"Oddly, they don't seem to reinforce my prejudices."
;-)
Old June 9th 10, 05:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Basil Jet wrote:
Oddly, they don't seem to tie in with England's World Cup matches very
well. RMT union members will walk out at 1900 BST on 23 June and 7
July for two 48 hour strikes. England's final group match (possibly
final match) will be on the 23rd at 15:00 BST. The second strike will
cover the semi-final which might contain England if we come second in
our group. If the RMT had scheduled it earlier they could have
covered both semifinals with it. Did someone at the RMT use a
schedule in South African time and calculate wrongly?

It screws up those of us going to Wimbledon for some proper sport, though.
;-)

Old June 9th 10, 10:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 9 June, 18:30, "Jack Taylor" wrote:
Basil Jet wrote:
Oddly, they don't seem to tie in with England's World Cup matches very
well. RMT union members will walk out at 1900 BST on 23 June and 7
July for two 48 hour strikes. England's final group match (possibly
final match) will be on the 23rd at 15:00 BST. The second strike will
cover the semi-final which might contain England if we come second in
our group. If the RMT had scheduled it earlier they could have
covered both semifinals with it. Did someone at the RMT use a
schedule in South African time and calculate wrongly?

It screws up those of us going to Wimbledon for some proper sport, though.
;-)

I think this could be Tim Henman's year ...