Old April 13th 07, 07:25 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Trains to FA Cup Semi Final - 14/4/07

My ideal choice would be to stop the game completely considering the
damage and injury the game is causing of these days .
I notice many where blaming the Italian police the other night for
what happened RUBBISH if people had just gone to the game without
filling up with booze first watched the game and went straight home
afterwards the police would have fallen asleep due to being bored.
There was none of this crap back in the days when I went to watch PNE
and Tom Finney occasionally on a Saturday afternoon .

Yes, I think some English people need to understand that the Italians
have a much stricter definition of hooliganism than we have over here.
Being drunk, sexist and boorish can alone pass as hooliganism to a lot
of Continentals

Old April 13th 07, 08:13 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 12:25:41 -0700, allan tracy wrote:

Yes, I think some English people need to understand that the Italians
have a much stricter definition of hooliganism than we have over here.
Being drunk, sexist and boorish can alone pass as hooliganism to a lot
of Continentals

And pushing walls onto fans, resulting in multiple deaths, is seen as
hooliganism in Italy, whereas it's just high spirits in Liverpool.

Ian
Old April 13th 07, 10:34 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 23:19:13 +0100, wrote:

ten years in jail with NO parole

You are the Daily Mail, AICMFP.
Old April 14th 07, 10:44 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"allan tracy" wrote in message
oups.com...

My ideal choice would be to stop the game completely considering the
damage and injury the game is causing of these days .
I notice many where blaming the Italian police the other night for
what happened RUBBISH if people had just gone to the game without
filling up with booze first watched the game and went straight home
afterwards the police would have fallen asleep due to being bored.
There was none of this crap back in the days when I went to watch PNE
and Tom Finney occasionally on a Saturday afternoon .

In the days when I occasionally saw Tom Finney play at Deepdale I also saw
much violence in Preston. eg between Cathlics and CofE/Free churches on
walking days, me being pelted with stones because I "ee goes t'grammer",
outside Deepdale Secondary Modern and learning to avoid Boddinton's pubs on
Saturday afternoons because of violence by people fuelled with Boddingtons
fighting ale. There was plenty of violence around caused then as now
largely by too much alcohol but not as noticeable because there wasn't the
publicity there now is, the police were allowed to get on with the dirty
job of keeping public order without too much media( did it exist then?)
interest and people learned early to keep away from problem people and
flashpoints. But travelling on trains was certainly less unpleasant and my
parents were quite happy for me to travel around Manchester and Liverpool
by train because they assumed kids were safe on trains.

I rather like the idea that Italian police deal vigorously with trouble
makers if only because Italian holiday destinations don't have the hooligan
problems of English holiday resorts.

Old April 16th 07, 09:11 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

wrote in message

Any right thinking person should do also but you see with every day
that passes we are more and more turning into a nation of do gooders
oh no you mustn't birch them oh no you mustn't hang them oh no you
teachers mustn't use the slipper or cane on the children you teach you
must let them wreck the school,stab you , let them do anything at all
but NEVER use the slipper or cane on the children you teach.
These animals should be delft with vigororously it isn't just at
football matches that hooliganism occurs it is a fact of every day
life in this country today . When and only when judges and magistrates
are given the authority AND TOLD TO hand out very harsh sentences
will the decent people of this country be able to go out and about
without having to look over their shoulders every five steps they
take.

You are Richard Littlejohn AICMFP.

--
Tim

"The manners of capitalism improve. The morals may not" - J K Galbraith

Old April 18th 07, 08:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Dave Hillam
] writes
Indeed. Next thing you know they'll be posting illiterate messages to
Usenet, and picking up on others' grammar.

RU4it?
--
Clive.