Old April 12th 07, 04:58 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Trains to FA Cup Semi Final - 14/4/07

From Silverlink web site

Watford FC fans take note...

Silverlink are putting on two special trains to the FA Cup Semi-Final
against Manchester United on Saturday 14th April.

To celebrate this special occasion, our special football trains will
be travelling direct to Aston station (only a 10 min walk from Villa
Park) all for the superb price of only £21.90 return.

To ensure everyone gets home, in the event of extra time and penalties
we will be holding the trains to depart after the game.

Train times have now been confirmed. Please follow the links below to
learn when our special trains will be calling at your station.

Train times to Aston have now been confirmed as:

Station Special Train One Special Train Two
Harrow 1315 1355
Bushey 1320 1400
Watford Junction 1323 1403
Kings Langley 1328 1407
Hemel Hempstead 1334 1413
Berkhamsted 1338 1418
Leighton Buzzard 1354 1431
Milton Keynes 1407 1443
Northampton 1424 1510
Aston 1527 1622

Inward bound train times have been confirmed as:

Station Special Train One Special Train Two
Aston 1946 2003
Northampton 2058 2108
Milton Keynes 2117 2122
Leighton Buzzard 2126 2132
Berkhamsted 2143 2147
Hemel Hempstead 2148 2153
Kings Langley 2156 2200
Watford Junction 2206 2217
Bushey 2209 2220
Harrow 2214 2225

Go to any Silverlink station to buy tickets but be quick...

.................................................. .................................................. .........................

John Burke
WRUG

Old April 12th 07, 05:21 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

burkey wrote:
From Silverlink web site

To celebrate this special occasion, our special football trains will
be travelling direct to Aston station

Why Aston? I thought that Witton was generally accepted to be the station
for Villa Park.

Old April 12th 07, 06:28 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Jack Taylor" wrote in message
burkey wrote:
From Silverlink web site

To celebrate this special occasion, our special football trains will
be travelling direct to Aston station

Why Aston? I thought that Witton was generally accepted to be the station
for Villa Park.

Maybe AN OTHER teams trains will be arriving there (from the south of
course).

Ken Ward.

Old April 12th 07, 08:44 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Why Aston? I thought that Witton was generally accepted to be the station
for Villa Park.

For `opposing` fans perhaps?

Aston is as good as Witton if your seat is in the Holte end so it's
probably to keep oposing fans apart.

But as another poster pointed out ManU fans could arrive from anywhere.

Old April 12th 07, 08:52 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"allan tracy" wrote in message
oups.com...

Why Aston? I thought that Witton was generally accepted to be the
station
for Villa Park.

For `opposing` fans perhaps?

Aston is as good as Witton if your seat is in the Holte end so it's
probably to keep oposing fans apart.

But as another poster pointed out ManU fans could arrive from anywhere.

Everywhere 'except' from the Manchester direction (allegedly)...

Paul

Old April 12th 07, 09:04 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

ManU fans could arrive from anywhere

They will all be coming from London

Old April 12th 07, 09:38 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"allan tracy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Aston is as good as Witton if your seat is in the Holte end so it's
probably to keep oposing fans apart.

Aston Station's nearly twice the distance, even if you're at the Holte End.
So I suppose it must be your second suggestion i.e crowd segregation.

I note the comment "To ensure everyone gets home, in the event of extra time
and penalties
we will be holding the trains to depart after the game." AFAIK there aren't
sidings at Aston to hold trains without blocking the line. Where is the
closest suitable holding location - Bescot?

--
David

Old April 12th 07, 10:20 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

wrote in message

Am I right in thinking the FA cup is being held in Birmingham this
year and if so why ? is not the new Wembley stadium now open for
business or something .

No. As far as I know, the FA cup final will be returning to Wembley in May
after a gap of about 5 years. It's one of the *semi*-finals that will played
at Villa Park, Birmingham.

--
David

Old April 13th 07, 11:31 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

God I really
should read and digest what I am seeing before opening my gob now it
all makes sense ))))))))))))))))).

Have a trip on E* to relax a little