Old August 25th 10, 10:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Kings Cross Main line to Victoria Line?

In message
, at
14:47:31 on Wed, 25 Aug 2010, MIG
remarked:

The other weekend I took a chance on one of the short escalators being
fixed, and it turned out that it was. Another time it was fixed, but
the spoilsports had put a plastic barrier across.

I assume you mean fixed = "non-moving" rather than "repaired"?