Old October 27th 10, 07:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Peak Time Access To Victoria/Piccadilly/Northern Lines At Kings Cross

I see that at peak times "..access to the Victoria, Piccadilly and
Northern lines is via the Northern ticket hall....", and it is not
possible to enter via the old tube ticket hall.

Does anyone know why this is, and how long the situation is expected
to last? I can see that there is work on one of the escalators
leading to the Piccadilly line, but does that really cause so much
congestion that it justifies the new access arrangements? The
"official" route to the Victoria, Piccadilly and Northern lines is
much longer, and diverting everyone that way is bound to increase
congestion in other parts of the station. The daft thing is, it is
still possbile to enter the Victoria, Piccadilly and Northern lines
via the old tube ticket hall at peak times if you go via the
Metropolitain/H&C/Circle line platforms. I tried it yesterday, and it
is still quicker than the official route.

I realise that Kings Cross is a busy station and that it requires
congestion management at peak times. But surely the best way of
reducing congestion is to have more routes to the platforms open at
peak times, and spread the load a bit more evenly?

Old October 27th 10, 10:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
Paul wrote:
I see that at peak times "..access to the Victoria, Piccadilly and
Northern lines is via the Northern ticket hall....", and it is not
possible to enter via the old tube ticket hall.

What, so the brand new lift to the Northern line is not available at
peak times?

-roy
Old October 27th 10, 11:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 27 Oct, 11:27, (Roy Badami) wrote:
In article ,

Paul wrote:
I see that at peak times "..access to the Victoria, Piccadilly and
Northern lines is via the Northern ticket hall....", and it is not
possible to enter via the old tube ticket hall.

What, so the brand new lift to the Northern line is not available at
peak times?

* * -roy

I don't know - I will have to check the lift when i go home tonight.
It wouldn't surprise me to see a sign saying "..At peak times, access
to the Victoria and Northern lines s via Euston, and access to the
Piccadilly Line is via Finsbury Park.."

Old October 27th 10, 09:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

,

Paul wrote:
I see that at peak times "..access to the Victoria, Piccadilly and
Northern lines is via the Northern ticket hall....", and it is not
possible to enter via the old tube ticket hall.

What, so the brand new lift to the Northern line is not available at
peak times?

-roy

I don't know - I will have to check the lift when i go home tonight.
It wouldn't surprise me to see a sign saying "..At peak times, access
to the Victoria and Northern lines s via Euston, and access to the
Piccadilly Line is via Finsbury Park.."

You can access via the stairs down to the Northern Line from where the
entrances to the Victoria Line are and then the short escalators (or it
least you can peak time in the evenings, as I go up to the Victoria Line
this way and in the last 2 - 3 weeks there has been a down escalator

Old October 28th 10, 06:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Paul wrote:
I see that at peak times "..access to the Victoria, Piccadilly and
Northern lines is via the Northern ticket hall....", and it is not
possible to enter via the old tube ticket hall.

What, so the brand new lift to the Northern line is not available at
peak times?

* * -roy

I don't know - I will have to check the lift when i go home tonight.
It wouldn't surprise me to see a sign saying "..At peak times, access
to the Victoria and Northern lines s via Euston, and access to the
Piccadilly Line is via Finsbury Park.."

The northern ticket hall is about half way to Finsbury Park anyway,
isn't it?