Old December 1st 03, 12:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default New Years Eve/Day transport

People are telling me that the tubes are going to run for 24 hours
this new year. Is this true or will only be the usual extra hour
before total shut down?

Old December 1st 03, 12:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

In message , Jim Brown
writes
People are telling me that the tubes are going to run for 24 hours
this new year. Is this true or will only be the usual extra hour
before total shut down?

It's true!
It was announced in The Londoner; given away free at stations end of
last week.
http://www.london.gov.uk/mayor/londoner/index.jsp
--
Kat Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax

and get used to the idea - Robert A. Heinlein

Old December 1st 03, 12:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

no, lul are gonna run all nite!!

m...

Old December 1st 03, 01:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Kat wrote the following in:

In message , Jim
Brown writes
People are telling me that the tubes are going to run for 24 hours
this new year. Is this true or will only be the usual extra hour
before total shut down?

It's true!

Thank God! The tube seemed to close immediately after midnight on New
Year's Eve 2001/2002.

--
message by Robin May, but you can call me Mr Smith.
Enjoy the Routemaster while you still can.

Another high quality lesson from Robin May:
Your and you're are different words!
Old December 1st 03, 04:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Will it be free too? :-)

m...

Old December 1st 03, 05:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

In message , Powerslider
writes

Will it be free too? :-)

Yes!

Old December 1st 03, 05:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 12:36:17 +0000, Kat wrote:
In message , Jim Brown
writes
People are telling me that the tubes are going to run for 24 hours
this new year. Is this true or will only be the usual extra hour
before total shut down?

It's true!
It was announced in The Londoner; given away free at stations end of
last week.
http://www.london.gov.uk/mayor/londoner/index.jsp

When will it stop being free? How will they deal with all the people
that got on just before it stopped being free and didn't get off
for hours later having fallen asleep, missed their stop etc. ?

David
Old December 1st 03, 07:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 1 Dec 2003 04:08:40 -0800, (Jim Brown) wrote:

People are telling me that the tubes are going to run for 24 hours
this new year. Is this true or will only be the usual extra hour
before total shut down?

http://www.transportforlondon.gov.uk...s/311203.shtml

is the info you want.

--
Paul C
Admits to Working for London Underground!
Old December 1st 03, 08:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Rob Rob is offline

"Jim Brown" wrote in message
m...
People are telling me that the tubes are going to run for 24 hours
this new year. Is this true or will only be the usual extra hour
before total shut down?

Its true, its running all night and its free. i'm hacked off as i'm working
all night! Could go out and get ****ed. but i gotta work, wonder what staion
i will be at, when midnight comes?

Old December 2nd 03, 02:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

The Tfl website also says that buses will run all night. Does anyone know if
this is only night buses that normally run anyway, or all buses in London,
even those that don't normally run at night.