Old January 1st 06, 01:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default New Years Eve - Thank You!

I just wanted to post a quick message here to say Thank You to all the
staff who turned up to work on the underground on New Years Eve and
into the early hours of New Years Day.

All the trains I travelled on, the drivers were courteous and friendly
letting us know of all the station closures and it was a pleasure to
use.

Maybe your RMT friends could learn a thing or two about customer
service from the drivers as "tried" and "failed" to ruin the one night
of the year everyone is trying to have a good time.

Old January 1st 06, 03:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

From: "RDJUK"
I just wanted to post a quick message here to say Thank You to all the
staff who turned up to work

Seconded, although I didn't use the tube last night (finished work at
0030, wouldn't have made the last train even without the thousands of
people in central London), and relied on a taxi, I did use it this
morning on the way in to work, and made sure to wish happy new year to
the people I saw

Old January 1st 06, 08:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"RDJUK" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just wanted to post a quick message here to say Thank You to all the
staff who turned up to work on the underground on New Years Eve and
into the early hours of New Years Day.

My pleasure.

Old January 1st 06, 08:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Robin Mayes
writes

"RDJUK" wrote in message
roups.com...
I just wanted to post a quick message here to say Thank You to all the
staff who turned up to work on the underground on New Years Eve and
into the early hours of New Years Day.

My pleasure.

Mine too...... fancy meeting you here, Robin ;-)
Old January 1st 06, 10:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Did you get any extra money for working that shift? If so, how much in
total did you earn?

Old January 1st 06, 11:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Steve Fitzgerald wrote:

In message , Robin Mayes
writes

"RDJUK" wrote in message
roups.com...
I just wanted to post a quick message here to say Thank You to all the
staff who turned up to work on the underground on New Years Eve and
into the early hours of New Years Day.

My pleasure.

Mine too...... fancy meeting you here, Robin ;-)

Did you get any extra money for working that shift? If so, how much in
total, ordinary pay plus bonuses, did you earn?

Old January 1st 06, 11:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
RWW RWW is offline

Seconded, although I didn't use the tube last night (finished work at
0030, wouldn't have made the last train even without the thousands of
people in central London), and relied on a taxi, I did use it this
morning on the way in to work, and made sure to wish happy new year to
the people I saw

The trains were running through the night, Paul! Still, makes a
refreshing change from the usual Sunday night where people are banging
on the station gates at 00.30!

Richard

Old January 1st 06, 11:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
RWW RWW is offline

I've never done it but I think it's double time - which is fair enough,
isn't it?

Richard

Old January 2nd 06, 01:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
oups.com...
Did you get any extra money for working that shift? If so, how much in
total did you earn?

No extra money.

Old January 2nd 06, 01:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Steve Fitzgerald" ] wrote in message
In message , Robin Mayes
writes

"RDJUK" wrote in message
roups.com...
I just wanted to post a quick message here to say Thank You to all the
staff who turned up to work on the underground on New Years Eve and
into the early hours of New Years Day.

My pleasure.

Mine too...... fancy meeting you here, Robin ;-)

Hi Steve

[waves]