Old August 1st 10, 04:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Benefit cost ratio on street signs

I just found a sign that mildly amused me. A house in Larkhall Rise next
to the one-way bridge has a lit sign opposite instructing the owner of
the house not to turn from his drive into the bridge. Here's the
house...
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ie=UTF...,183. 05,,0,3
.... pan around to see the sign. How the hell did this sign ever get put
up, and plugged into the mains? Have they got money to burn?

Old August 1st 10, 06:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Basil Jet wrote on 01 August 2010
17:16:42 ...
I just found a sign that mildly amused me. A house in Larkhall Rise next
to the one-way bridge has a lit sign opposite instructing the owner of
the house not to turn from his drive into the bridge. Here's the
house...
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ie=UTF...,183. 05,,0,3
... pan around to see the sign. How the hell did this sign ever get put
up, and plugged into the mains? Have they got money to burn?

Maybe Lambeth obtained funding for the scheme from TfL, which they
regard as "free", but of course council taxpayers pay for it anyway.

The bridge is one-way only for motor vehicles. Why isn't the owner
allowed to turn left out of his drive if he's cycling?
--
Richard J.