Old August 5th 10, 03:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit

Default OT- Clarkson Joins The Burka Debate

In message
, Willms
writes
It's true, the BBC should do more to publise the illegal occupation of
Tibet ...

That was already ended centuries ago.

How? Is Tibet not still illegally occupied? Don't you mean, it's
politically incorrect because it does have any oil and China is very
big.
--
Clive

Old August 5th 10, 03:41 PM posted to misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Aug 5, 7:52*am, wrote:
On Thu, 5 Aug 2010 13:42:37 +0000 (UTC)

Alistair Gunn wrote:
In uk.railway Willms twisted the electrons to say:
* They are especially not unbiased in determining what is a crime, and
what an act of liberation. Or what is a crime for A, but a
self-evident right for B.

It's true, the BBC should do more to publise the illegal occupation of
Tibet ...

Whats the point? You think a few lefties getting irate is going to make
the country with the worlds largest standing army quite tibet? Get real.

Besides , the only thing the BBC cares about outside britain is the USA and
Isreal+palestine. Anywhere else only gets a mention if theres a natural
disaster or plane crash and even then it'll probably only get 2nd billing
to Obamas dog farting.

Thank you Boltar. Got it in one!

Old August 5th 10, 04:38 PM posted to misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Alistair Gunn wrote:
In uk.railway Willms twisted the electrons to say:
* They are especially not unbiased in determining what is a
crime, and what an act of liberation. Or what is a crime for A,
but a self-evident right for B.

It's true, the BBC should do more to publise the illegal occupation
of Tibet ...

Whats the point? You think a few lefties getting irate is going to make
the country with the worlds largest standing army quite tibet? Get real..

Besides , the only thing the BBC cares about outside britain is the USA and
Isreal+palestine. Anywhere else only gets a mention if theres a natural
disaster or plane crash and even then it'll probably only get 2nd billing
to Obamas dog farting.

Thank you Boltar. *Got it in one!

Hmm...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world/

Also, check out (a) the World Service, now easily available here in
the UK, and (b) The World Tonight on R4.

Quite why I'm posting this bemuses even me.
Old August 5th 10, 06:21 PM posted to misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Alistair Gunn wrote:
[...]

Thank you. National Public Radio often carries World Service
Newscasts. Most afternoons I catch the end of "The World Tonight"
just before "Book at Bedtime" on my PC. Keep in mind it is eight
hours earlier here.

Old August 6th 10, 09:36 AM posted to misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Thu, 5 Aug 2010 11:21:03 -0700 (PDT)
1506 wrote:
Also, check out (a) the World Service, now easily available here in
the UK, and (b) The World Tonight on R4.

Thank you. National Public Radio often carries World Service
Newscasts. Most afternoons I catch the end of "The World Tonight"
just before "Book at Bedtime" on my PC. Keep in mind it is eight
hours earlier here.

I was talking about the main TV news - you know, the source that most people
get their news from. Yes on their news web site you can find world news (though
usually very little on the main page) but if you're on the web anyway you might
just as well go to the original source assuming its in english or a language
you can understand.

B2003

Old August 7th 10, 07:48 AM posted to misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london,uk.railway

In uk.railway Arthur Figgis twisted the electrons to say:
Erm, I think the point of the post is that at least one lefty doesn't
get upset about Tibet. Like the Northern Irish and the Falkland
Islanders (etc), the Tibetans might make the Wrong Choice.

Yeah, but if we get any further off-topic we'll end up discussing the
Principality of Sealand! :-)
Old August 7th 10, 08:36 AM posted to misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 07/08/2010 08:48, Alistair Gunn wrote:
In uk.railway Arthur Figgis twisted the electrons to say:
Erm, I think the point of the post is that at least one lefty doesn't
get upset about Tibet. Like the Northern Irish and the Falkland
Islanders (etc), the Tibetans might make the Wrong Choice.

Yeah, but if we get any further off-topic we'll end up discussing the
Principality of Sealand! :-)

Or wondering why he doesn't want to return Heligoland...

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK