Old September 6th 10, 08:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default RMT just cost me 20 quid

That's the difference between the Super-off-peak fare to London which
would have gelled with a 1pm meeting (had everything been running
smoothly) and the Off-Peak fare needed for an earlier train to make sure
[fsvo] getting there on time. And the unions [maybe] wonder why they are
losing public support?

Old September 6th 10, 09:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 06/09/10 21:49, Roland Perry wrote:
That's the difference between the Super-off-peak fare to London which
would have gelled with a 1pm meeting (had everything been running
smoothly) and the Off-Peak fare needed for an earlier train to make sure
[fsvo] getting there on time. And the unions [maybe] wonder why they are
losing public support?

Erm, but everything *was* running smoothly until the evening. No one
was on strike during the day...

-roy

Old September 6th 10, 09:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 22:02:49 on Mon, 6
Sep 2010, Roy Badami remarked:
That's the difference between the Super-off-peak fare to London which
would have gelled with a 1pm meeting (had everything been running
smoothly) and the Off-Peak fare needed for an earlier train to make sure
[fsvo] getting there on time. And the unions [maybe] wonder why they are
losing public support?

Erm, but everything *was* running smoothly until the evening. No one
was on strike during the day...

This will be a ticket tomorrow.
Old September 6th 10, 11:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 06/09/10 21:49, Roland Perry wrote:
And the unions [maybe] wonder why they are
losing public support?

And as I post, close to end of service, the TfL website if it is to be
believed is still showing good service on the Jubilee, Northern and
Picadilly, and only minor delays on the Victoria (and a service
operating with minor delays on parts of the Bakerloo, too).

Are the unions maybe losing the support of a substantial proportion of
their members, too? Obviously not good for people who wanted to use the
lines this evening that are suspended or suffering severe delays, but
there is rather more running than I had expected would be the case.

I somehow got the impression that tube strikes in years gone by had been
rather more total than this -- or am I mistaken?

-roy
Old September 7th 10, 01:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Roy Badami
writes
And the unions [maybe] wonder why they are
losing public support?

And as I post, close to end of service, the TfL website if it is to be
believed is still showing good service on the Jubilee, Northern and
Picadilly, and only minor delays on the Victoria (and a service
operating with minor delays on parts of the Bakerloo, too).

The Piccadilly at least ran a full service right up to the last
knockings. All the drivers had booked on for duty before the 2100
witching hour and thus continued to work to end of service.

A few stations were closed by 2300 though.

I can't speak for the other lines.

Old September 7th 10, 08:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Dont forget that ASLEF are not on strike.
Old September 7th 10, 09:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Roy Badami" wrote in message
On 06/09/10 21:49, Roland Perry wrote:
And the unions [maybe] wonder why they are
losing public support?

And as I post, close to end of service, the TfL website if it is to be
believed is still showing good service on the Jubilee, Northern and
Picadilly, and only minor delays on the Victoria (and a service operating
with minor delays on parts of the Bakerloo, too).

I noticed that the Bakerloo went straight to 'suspended north of Queens
Park'. Is that a planned action, so that those staff who are around can run
the 'underground' services, leaving LO to pick up the north of QP pax?

As 'trainman' reported earlier, ASLEF aren't involved, and AIUI the balance
of RMT to ASLEF drivers varies considerably on different lines and at
different depots?

Paul S
Old September 7th 10, 01:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 7 Sep, 09:20, trainmanUK wrote:
Dont forget that ASLEF are not on strike.

And this morning, rather important stations like Kings Cross and
Euston were closed, regardless of what was running past them.
Old September 7th 10, 04:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message
, at
06:38:27 on Tue, 7 Sep 2010, MIG remarked:

Dont forget that ASLEF are not on strike.

And this morning, rather important stations like Kings Cross and
Euston were closed, regardless of what was running past them.

That's interesting... one of my plans for today was to advise getting
from KX to Euston on the Northern, which was apparently operating; then
get a bus from Euston to the final destination (no 88).

However, what seems to have worked was getting Thameslink to E&C and the
C10 bus from there.
Old September 7th 10, 07:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 18:18:01 on
Tue, 7 Sep 2010, Paul Corfield remarked:
one of my plans for today was to advise getting
from KX to Euston on the Northern, which was apparently operating; then
get a bus from Euston to the final destination (no 88).

Doesn't go from Euston - they'd need to walk along to Warren St.

Which is slightly west of Euston, so getting the tube one station would
reduce the walk.

However, what seems to have worked was getting Thameslink to E&C and the
C10 bus from there.

Yay - my suggestion worked! Glad to have helped.

Thanks again.