Old October 2nd 10, 10:11 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.transport.london

Default Bus Drivers Indulging In Road Rage

On two or three of my many recent London bus trips, I have become more
aware of the decline in the driving standards of some of the drivers.

One of the most common traits, seems to be a desire to 'shake up' the
passengers. Of course, London traffic is unpredictable, but even
given the uncertainties, (such as the other motorists who can put the
bus driver in a no-win dillema by cutting in front of the bus),
nonetheless, there seems to be a bus driver aggression, which quickly
rises and is directed at the passengers behind him/her; perhaps as the
driver has no one else to communicate his frustration to.

Here is the best example I can give you at the moment. The bus
driver, a female in this instance, was making her way along a bus lane
with stationary traffic to her right. I could see ahead that there
was a car partially blocking the lane. Instead of slowing down
appropriately, the driver went right up to the car quite quickly,
hooted several long hoots of the hooter, and then stamped her foot on
the brake, and then on and off repeatedly, so that we were all flung
back and forth violently. The car started to move partially out the
way, the bus moved forwards again .... and yes, then she stamped her
foot down on the brake heavily yet again.

By now, we were all pretty shaken, elderly and young alike - but it
didn't stop there. Because even after we had passed the obstruction,
the bus driver remained angry - someone had DARED to interfere with
her progress by 'breaking the rules of the road'. The passengers were
all quiet now. 'Mummy was angry' and someone had to be punished. For
the next 5 minutes of driving we were subjected to her rough driving,
heavy breaking and sudden dramtic stops, this continued until she had
calmed down, and then the journey became more tolerable.

After getting out, I quickly walked to the front of the bus and said
through the doors, "there was no need to do all that heavy
breaking ... there are old folk on board you know!" ......she bellowed
back, "he was in my way". In other words, she didn't deny her
aggresive driving, instead she claimed that it had been justified
because someone had 'got in her way'.

On about one third of the London buses I travel on, I sense the driver
shows very poor appreciation of either passenger comfort or of the
passenger's sense of safety. There is real aggression shown to other
motorists. 'My big vehicle can intimidate you in that small car'.

I believe the problems are linked to poor emotional regulation and
lack of genuine care for others, and in some way this mirrors the lack
of care for the drivers by large, arrogant bus companies. I have the
feeling bus accidents are quite common these days in London; if that
is true, I think I know why.

Turk182

Old October 2nd 10, 10:39 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.transport.london

"Turk182" wrote in message
[...]

was she large with long ginger hair?

Old October 2nd 10, 10:50 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.transport.london

On 2 Oct, 23:39, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
"Turk182" wrote in message

[...]

was she large with long ginger hair?- Hide quoted text -

Don't go there!

Turk182
Old October 2nd 10, 10:54 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.transport.london

"Turk182" wrote in message

[...]

it is actually a serious question, as I may know her.

Old October 2nd 10, 11:05 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.transport.london

lack of genuine care for others, and in some way this mirrors the lack
of care for the drivers by large, arrogant bus companies. *I have the
feeling bus accidents are quite common these days in London; *if that
is true, I think I know why.

So very rare to get anything but an, apparently, 'down' bus driver.

Says something about the job, I guess.

WM

Old October 2nd 10, 11:22 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.transport.london

"Turk182" wrote in message

[...]

it is actually a serious question, as I may know her.- Hide quoted text -

The description does not fit!

Turk182
Old October 3rd 10, 12:38 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.transport.london

[...]

Did she look anything like Little Miss Jocelyn, then?

Old October 3rd 10, 07:26 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.transport.london

Nigel Oldfield wrote:
lack of genuine care for others, and in some way this mirrors the lack
of care for the drivers by large, arrogant bus companies. *I have the
feeling bus accidents are quite common these days in London; *if that
is true, I think I know why.

So very rare to get anything but an, apparently, 'down' bus driver.

Says something about the job, I guess.

Sh1t jobs have existed since time immemorial. It doesn't mean people
have to behave like this driver apparently did.

People can take a lot of pride and satisfaction in doing a job well,
even if it is a sh1t job. The modern day intolerance of a job that is
less than 'perfect' only makes people unhappier than they need to be.

Old October 3rd 10, 07:29 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.transport.london

"Turk182" wrote in message

[...]

her attitude was very similar, but she was not amused when I got her to
watch that show. "What do you think I am, an A to Z?" was one of my
favourite lines.