Old December 8th 03, 08:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Camden Town and Hammersmith derailments - reports available

In article , lid
(Steve) wrote:

wrote in :

In article ,
lid (Steve) wrote:

wrote in
:

The Northern Line should hopefully be back to a 91 train timetable
starting 4 January - we should get the new duties and analysis
sheets
at the beginning of next week. There will be stepping back at
Morden
as per TT48, however there will still be no through City trains to
the
Barnet branch and, I assume no Barnet branch trains through the
City
because as far as I'm aware, the SB route is still secured for the
CX
side.

Why does this take so long ? Surely there should be software to work

it out so what are the hold-ups?

I don't think it's that simple, plus they've also had to prepare the
christmas/New year timetables and duty sheets for the whole combine.

It is pretty simple, you have a track, you have trains you have
drivers, all having contraints having an optimal usage.

You imply this is done by hand ias Xmas/NYE is an issue; given the
network unreliability it should be paramount to be able to maxmise what
you have available and be able to implement it ASAP. This does require
certain staff flexibility - is this avaiable? Does LU beleive it does
not need to plan for contingencies and have these sorts of tools
available?

I've no idea, it probably is mostly/all done by hand. I know the duty
books for issue to train staff are.

Roger