Old December 15th 03, 09:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Camden Town and Hammersmith derailments - reports available

In article , lid
(Steve) wrote:

Paul Corfield wrote in
:

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 13:54:16 +0000, Steve
wrote:

I asked a obvious question "Why does LU take 1/4 of a year to sort out
the timetable" I got a non-answer from you and stick from somebody
else - LU are hardly going to reply "We really don't give a **** about
passengers, we do not forward plan and would rather pay a monkey to
come up with timetables by hand when they have finished the Sun
crossword rather than spec and purchase a automated system (beside, do
you really think we are capable of spec'ing it) and our drivers would
get the arse and going on strike if we changed their shifts with less
than 90 days notice".

Unless of course there are other reasons why, I think the above fits
perfectly.

I must remember to forward your nice commentary to the Timetables
Manager and see what he has to say about it.

Well so long as it come back with answers to genuine queries then feel
free. Shame these answers are not forthcoming without prompting.

Unless there is actually somebody from duty schedules/timetables who reads
this newsgroup, then you're not likely to get the answers you are looking
for as it is only they who can explain exactly what is involved and why it
takes X amount of time instead of the few days you think it should.

Roger