Old January 6th 11, 08:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Victoria line map

On Wed, 5 Jan 2011 16:55:25 -0800 (PST)
MIG wrote:
But if the display was wrong, say, 10% of the time (not saying it is),
it would actually be 100% useless, wouldn't it?

Quite. If you have to check the destination indicators on the train anyway
there's little point having the platform ones except for a countdown until
the next train.

B2003

Old January 6th 11, 10:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message

On Wed, 05 Jan 2011 22:00:39 +0000

On the piccadilly my experience is the indicators are wrong about 50%
of the time going westbound. Which is essentially useless. Not that it
personally makes any difference to me since I never travel as far as
acton anyway.

So how do you know they're wrong, then? In any case, the destination is
sometimes changed at the Acton Town stop.

Old January 6th 11, 10:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 6 Jan 2011 11:41:03 -0000
"Recliner" wrote:
wrote in message

On Wed, 05 Jan 2011 22:00:39 +0000

On the piccadilly my experience is the indicators are wrong about 50%
of the time going westbound. Which is essentially useless. Not that it
personally makes any difference to me since I never travel as far as
acton anyway.

So how do you know they're wrong, then? In any case, the destination is
sometimes changed at the Acton Town stop.

Oh I dunno, the destination indicators in the train? The drivers announcements?
Going in the other direction up to arnos grove they're certainly wrong a lot
of the time and I do go that far.

B2003

Old January 6th 11, 11:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message

On Thu, 6 Jan 2011 11:41:03 -0000
"Recliner" wrote:
wrote in message

On Wed, 05 Jan 2011 22:00:39 +0000

On the piccadilly my experience is the indicators are wrong about
50% of the time going westbound. Which is essentially useless. Not
that it personally makes any difference to me since I never travel
as far as acton anyway.

So how do you know they're wrong, then? In any case, the
destination is sometimes changed at the Acton Town stop.

Oh I dunno, the destination indicators in the train? The drivers
announcements? Going in the other direction up to arnos grove they're
certainly wrong a lot of the time and I do go that far.

I'm the other way round -- I usually really care about the westbound
Picc destination, but have no interest in the eastbound destination, as
I never go beyond Kings X. Westbound, I'd say it's right about 90% of
the time, but when things go wrong, they start diverting trains from
more useful destinations to Northfields, presumably to turn them round.

Of course, some stations still don't have working destination indicators
at all, so they're never wrong, but are also useless.