Old January 4th 11, 10:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Single fare finder

Anyone managed to make it work for tube fares for 2011 yet? I get to a
"Page not found" page when I try. National Rail seemed to work, though,
though, suspiciously, the fares look the same as in 2010 and it's not
working now.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old January 4th 11, 11:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message of Tue, 4 Jan
2011 06:03:45 in uk.transport.london,
writes
In article ,
() wrote:

Anyone managed to make it work for tube fares for 2011 yet? I get
to a "Page not found" page when I try. National Rail seemed to
work, though, though, suspiciously, the fares look the same as in
2010 and it's not working now.

I realise the National Rail fares I checked (Vauxhall - Putney) were
correct for 2011. The off-peak fare with railcard discount is unchanged
but the peak fare has gone up from £1.30 to £1.50.

I thought it was working with both the 2010 and 2011 figures until about
10 this morning. This may have been coincidence and I may have been
getting information from my browser caches.

I have zapped them now and find:
I open http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/default.aspx.
I click single fare finder which takes me to
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/
tickets/faresandtickets/farefinder/current/
I enter Aldgate and Barbican and click Show fares.
It comes up with Cash 4.00 and Oyster 1.80. The current Oyster figure is
1.90. (I was waiting for yell.com - I shall add the relevant site to my
'junk before using the net' list in the file hosts. (On my machine, that
file is C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts and I have adclick.net in
it.)

I have reported it to the LU CSC. They acknowledge it as a problem and
will advise when it is fixed. Changing over to a new set of files
requires design. The change over does not seem to have been tested as a
real time issue.
--
Walter Briscoe
Old January 4th 11, 12:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message of Tue, 4 Jan 2011
12:59:21 in uk.transport.london, Walter Briscoe
writes
() wrote:

[...]

They reported it fixed and I agree. I now have the following in hosts:
127.0.0.1 ad.doubleclick.net # Eliminate Journey Planner ads
127.0.0.1 adsyndication.yelldirect.com # Eliminate single farefinder ads

IE reports the Yell adverts, etc as errors. YMMV.
--
Walter Briscoe
Old January 4th 11, 01:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

() wrote:

[...]

[snip]

I have reported it to the LU CSC. They acknowledge it as a problem and
will advise when it is fixed. Changing over to a new set of files
requires design. The change over does not seem to have been tested as a
real time issue.

They reported it fixed and I agree.

I agree they seem to have noticed that this year is no longer 2010 and got
it working properly for 2011 now.

They still don't have a Railcards tab on the Tube, DLR and London
Overground fares link but the single fares finder does seem to come up
with the correct off peak railcard reduced fares.

--
Colin Rosenstiel