Old June 13th 06, 08:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default London Underground route finder for your journey with Google Maps

Hi all

I have developed a facility which allows you to find out the best
routes between two London Underground stations, try searching for it at
http://public.ok2life.com/tube/routes. The routes found are colour
coded to indicate line changes and National Rail stations where
available. There is also integrated Google Maps to show you the
surrounding area of each station along the paths found.

Let me know if you have any suggestion/comment for improvement.

Regards
David

Old June 13th 06, 09:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london

ezusbo wrote in message
:

Hi all

I have developed a facility which allows you to find out the best
routes between two London Underground stations, try searching for it
at
http://public.ok2life.com/tube/routes. The routes found are colour
coded to indicate line changes and National Rail stations where
available. There is also integrated Google Maps to show you the
surrounding area of each station along the paths found.

Let me know if you have any suggestion/comment for improvement.

Looks good. Maybe you should make it clearer which is the station at which
you have to change, by doing one or other of the following:

- display the change station in the colours of both lines (left hand side of
box in old colour; right hand side in new colour)

- repeat the station name: one box in the colour of the old line and then
the same name in a box below in the colour of the new line

The first suggestion is probably the better one.

Old June 13th 06, 10:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Surely the tube planner is as effective as this.

What I want is how best to travel from Tottenham Hale to Camden Town?

Simple question?

OK so Victoria Line from Tottenham Hale to ??

Kings Cross OR Euston

Actually the solution I like the best is to sit in the front carriage
of the tube train from TH to Euston.

Then use what I call the stairs short cut (right by the front of the
train on arrival at Euston) to the bank Branch of the Northern Line.
Northenr Line to Camden Town

The reverse is similar. Always get a Bank Branch train from camden
Town. Sit in the rear most carriage and then at Euston use the short
cut stairs (right by the rear carriage) to the Victoria Line
Northbound.

This saves having to go up to "high level" (which you end up doing if
you use a charing cross train) and then down again at Euston.

Any other ideas?

Martin Underwood wrote:

:

Old June 13th 06, 12:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 13 Jun 2006 03:47:29 -0700, wrote:

Surely the tube planner is as effective as this.

What I want is how best to travel from Tottenham Hale to Camden Town?

Any other ideas?

Vic to Highbury & Islington, then NLL to Camden Road?
Old June 13th 06, 03:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Martin Underwood wrote:

ezusbo wrote in message
:

[...]

Acknowledged, will try to do that in version 2. I have a day job, so
this is only a hobby. Thank you for your input.

David

Old June 13th 06, 03:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 10:08:12 +0100, Martin Underwood wrote:

ezusbo wrote in message
.com:

[...]

I'd prefer the second, but certainly the current position could be
confusing to someone not used to the tube.

I don't find the integrated map working using Firefox.

Hi

I tested this using Firefox, so it should work better than IE, in fact.
With IE, I could not get the overlays to work properly, whereas they
show up correctly in Firefox. I use version 1.5, which version do you
have and what problem do you encounter ?

David

Old June 13th 06, 03:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Martin Underwood wrote:

ezusbo wrote in message
:

[...]

That is an awesome suggestion, and to implement it will require
knowledge of the station layouts too. I am not sure if this stuff is
available on the web though, not to mention the challenge in
programming that algorithm into the web page.

David

Old June 13th 06, 03:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

What I want is how best to travel from Tottenham Hale to Camden Town?

Simple question?

snip
Then use what I call the stairs short cut (right by the front of the
train on arrival at Euston) to the bank Branch of the Northern Line.
Northenr Line to Camden Town

The reverse is similar. Always get a Bank Branch train from camden
Town. Sit in the rear most carriage and then at Euston use the short
cut stairs (right by the rear carriage) to the Victoria Line
Northbound.

This saves having to go up to "high level" (which you end up doing if
you use a charing cross train) and then down again at Euston.

That's handy, that. On a slightly different note, am I right in thinking
that it's a cross-platform interchange for Southbound Victoria/Southbound
Bank Branch, and the same for Northbound?

--
"For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died."

Old June 13th 06, 04:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 13 Jun 2006 08:18:11 -0700, "ezusbo"
wrote:

Martin Underwood wrote:

ezusbo wrote in message
:

I have developed a facility which allows you to find out the best
routes between two London Underground stations, try searching for it
at
http://public.ok2life.com/tube/routes.

I tried a trip on the program from Waterloo to Shoreditch and it gave
a route beautifully. It shows you'll have to keep up the editing too!
I'm glad I finally visited Shoreditch on the day it closed - what an
atmospheric place.

Paul
Old June 13th 06, 05:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 15:49:22 GMT, "AstraVanMan"
wrote:

That's handy, that. On a slightly different note, am I right in thinking
that it's a cross-platform interchange for Southbound Victoria/Southbound
Bank Branch, and the same for Northbound?

You would be correct. It's only really designed for southbound Northern
to southbound Victoria and Northbound Victoria to the Northbound
Northern Line. Come from the "wrong" direction and you go through Kings
Cross twice.
--
Paul C