Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 18th 03, 12:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Omg! Yet more strikes

In answer to some important questions here are some answers.

It will be affecting the Circle & I think H & C as well, Wimbledon services
will (should) not be affected

the Strike is being imposed by the RMT union only ASLEF are not involved and
I don't think would ever get involved in a strike of this nature, the man in
question is a workshy tosser and all the other RMT & ASLEF members at his
depot are doing his work.

What a bunch of W*****S going on strike Christmas and New Years eve, they'll
be in the pub while the rest of us are out working getting YOU home, I
certainly will be working (much to my wifes disgust)

Please don't tar us all with the same brush.

We do earn good money that cannot be denied BUT WE are responsable for YOUR
lives while we're driving if we **** up it's goodnight vienna next stop the
dole or worse.
If the train brakes down there's one person who will have to get the train
moved etc etc, I'm not paid my good salary for what I do, I'm paid for what
I know, having seen the state of most of my passangers tonight, I know much
more than they do, like where I am, the time who I am etc.

"Peter Smyth" wrote in message

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message
Oliver Keating wrote:

I have had enough. London Underground workers are going on strike and
affecting millions of people because they think one of their collegues

was
unfairly dismissed.

I think its about time that we had a serious look at union powers, I

think
the LU Unions are too powerful. How on earth can a bunch of 600

drivers
be
paid around £30k/year for what is essentially a low-skilled job?

I really have had enough. We need some changes in the law, this is no

longer
about workers rights, this is about the rights of Londoners not to be

held
to ransom by a small minority, who now seem to use *any* excuse to go

on
strike.

Sack the lot of 'em!

On a more technical note, a couple of questions: firstly, does this
affect Wimbleware services too, and secondly, is there any way to
maintain a service on the important parts of the Circle line which will
be lacking (i.e. Edgware Road to Baker Street and possibly Aldgate to
Tower Hill, but more importantly Gloucester Road to Paddington if the
Wimbleware service is affected).

It didn't affect the District last time. I think that their drivers are
seperate from the Circle/H&C drivers even though they drive the same

trains.
There will probably be enough drivers working to run a Hammersmith -

Edgware
Road service and possibly further. The Edgware Road - Baker Street section

is
covered by the Bakerloo.

Peter Smyth