Old January 16th 11, 02:54 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default NR Discounted Travelcards on Oyster PAYG

If I travel after 9:30am on a weekday on oyser PAYG and use it on
buses, tubes etc etc and I return at PEAK hours do I still have a cap
of £5.30 or would it jump up to £15 as I use zone 5.

If that is the case I am better off buying a paper travel card for
£5.30

Old January 16th 11, 11:16 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Jan 16, 4:23*pm, Paul Corfield wrote:

On Sun, 16 Jan 2011 07:54:15 -0800 (PST), GSV 3 minds in a can
wrote:

If I travel after 9:30am on a weekday on oyser PAYG and use it on
buses, tubes etc etc and I return at PEAK hours do I still have a cap
of £5.30 or would it jump up to £15 as I use zone 5.

If that is the case I am better off buying a paper travel card for
£5.30

It is only travel before 0930 M-F that will trigger the peak cap. The
fact that there is a peak charge band in the evening peak does not
affect the cap as it aligns to Off Peak one day Travelcard validity.
They are valid throughout the PM peak even when discounted with a
railcard.

Probably the easiest way to think about it/ describe it is that there
are two separate peak/off-peak definitions:

* that of PAYG single fares where the peak is 0630-0930 and 1600-1900
on weekdays (exc. bank holidays)
* that of daily price capping (and Day Travelcards) where off-peak is
after 0930 weekdays (exc. bank holidays).