Old December 23rd 03, 04:09 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

Default reducing congestion

Greg Hennessy wrote:
On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 12:55:39 +0000 (UTC), "Cast_Iron"
wrote:

I can fully understand my posts, unlike the emoting idiot
who is drawing inferences where none clearly exist.

No emotion in my posts, talking about or to yourself again?

Oh really ? Just to pick one at random.

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...btinternet. c
om&oe=UTF-8&output=gplain

What, in that, are you defining as emotion?

Old December 23rd 03, 04:14 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

Purditer wrote:

General Secretary of the RMT

Never heard of him.

Old December 23rd 03, 04:15 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

Why not create a scheme in which long term
council tenants can get assistance to buy a house on the open market?

Seems sensible to me, as long as it does not involve me subsidising them as
in when they bought their houses.

I was always surprised by the sudden increase in value of these houses, who
in their right mind would want to buy a house on a council estate unless the
price was artificially low.

Old December 23rd 03, 04:17 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

"Silk" wrote in message
Purditer wrote:

General Secretary of the RMT

Never heard of him.

Not from London then?

Old December 23rd 03, 04:18 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

Silk wrote:
Cast_Iron wrote:

Ah at last, the standard "**** you Jack, I'm OK" attitude.

It's **** or be ****ed, unfortunately. That's why we are
supposed to have governments and leaders to guide us.

Are you admitting by that statement that you are sufficiently unintelligent
that you are incapable of treating other people in a reasonable manner?

Old December 23rd 03, 04:21 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

Purditer wrote:
Why not create a scheme in which long term
council tenants can get assistance to buy a house on the
open market?

Seems sensible to me, as long as it does not involve me
subsidising them as in when they bought their houses.

I was always surprised by the sudden increase in value of
these houses, who in their right mind would want to buy a
house on a council estate unless the price was artificially
low.

It makes you wonder doesn't it? It's just another aspect of people being
suckered in by Thatcher's, "property owning democracy" which is ok until it
becomes a millstone round the neck.

Old December 23rd 03, 04:26 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

Purditer wrote:

Not from London then?

No.

Typical union. Sounds like the bloke deserved the sack.

Old December 23rd 03, 04:29 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

Cast_Iron wrote:

Are you admitting by that statement that you are sufficiently unintelligent
that you are incapable of treating other people in a reasonable manner?

No, I'm simply being realistic. One person making a "stand" cannot do
much on their own. Governments need to impliment policies that encourage
fairness within the limits of practicality. It's one thing being nice to
people in the street and generally being a good citizen; it's quite
another matter when serious, life changing, amounts of money are involved.

Old December 23rd 03, 05:08 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 17:12:48 +0000 (UTC), "Cast_Iron"
wrote:

He didn't say "commute by car" (see for yourself - it's
reproduced above, courtesy of your good self).

Perfectly true, I added " by your favoured mode" which until now GH has not
disputed.

Oh really ? What part of

"What are you wittering on about ?"

are you having problems with.

greg

--
Once you try my burger baby,you'll grow a new thyroid gland.
I said just eat my burger, baby,make you smart as Charlie Chan.