London Banter

-   -   Massive Disruption at Paddington - Very Badly Handled Yet Again (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/11930-massive-disruption-paddington-very-badly.html)

Roland Perry[_2_] April 8th 11 06:38 AM

Massive Disruption at Paddington - Very Badly Handled Yet Again

In message , at 10:44:40 on
Tue, 5 Apr 2011, Chris Tolley writes

The only time I've bothered with Twitter (not railway related) I
haven't found anything sufficiently interesting to persevere with it.

Are you a potential user of Pikfu. It seems they tweeted last night
about the launch of the ?beta service.

Neil Williams April 8th 11 06:48 AM

Massive Disruption at Paddington - Very Badly Handled Yet Again

On Thu, 7 Apr 2011 11:39:42 -0700 (PDT), W14_Fishbourne
wrote:
Except that Network Rail runs Paddington

Passenger services are subcontracted to the majority TOC at Network
Rail stations, generally.

Neil

--
Neil Williams, Milton Keynes, UK

David Cantrell April 8th 11 02:43 PM

Massive Disruption at Paddington - Very Badly Handled Yet Again

On Thu, Apr 07, 2011 at 10:11:19AM +0100, Hils wrote:

The solution to such things does not lie in inviting all of the world's
downtrodden to what is already the most densely-populated country in
Europe

You're right, no problems in the UK will be solved by anything that
happens in the Netherlands, which is the most densely-populated
significant country in Europe.

Or if you really did mean the most densely-populated country in Europe,
then inviting people into Monaco *certainly* won't make any difference
to the UK.

It's also a country where the government is
starting a holocaust against the chronically ill and the poor

I think you'll find that holocausts are quite out of fashion in the
Netherlands (and Monaco).

--
David Cantrell | Minister for Arbitrary Justice

Did you know that shotguns taste like candy canes? Put the barrel in
your mouth and pull the trigger for an extra blast of minty goodness!

David Cantrell April 8th 11 02:52 PM

Massive Disruption at Paddington - Very Badly Handled Yet Again

On Thu, Apr 07, 2011 at 07:55:44AM -0500, wrote:

I agree that people shouldn't commit suicide in this way, but if they've
got to the state where they're going to kill themselves, they're probably
not thinking properly anyway.

Having dealt with a mentally ill neighbour, I find myself not giving a
**** how they're thinking if their actions are inconsiderate of others.
We should send their family the bill for cleaning up the mess.

Unfortunately, although jumping under a train is often thought of as a
quick sure way of going, it's rarely that ...

If I ever have to off myself, it'll be a sharp knife into my heart. It
really is the only way to be *sure* which is also relatively painless.

--
David Cantrell | Bourgeois reactionary pig

hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H. L. Mencken

Basil Jet[_2_] April 8th 11 04:48 PM

On 2011\04\08 15:43, David Cantrell wrote:
On Thu, Apr 07, 2011 at 10:11:19AM +0100, Hils wrote:

The solution to such things does not lie in inviting all of the world's
downtrodden to what is already the most densely-populated country in
Europe

You're right, no problems in the UK will be solved by anything that
happens in the Netherlands, which is the most densely-populated
significant country in Europe.

England is more densely populated than the Netherlands. The UK is less so.

Robin9 April 9th 11 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian[_2_] (Post 119330)
At Gatwick, three of us coach drivers had instructions to take a load
to Stansted. Being haemophrenic types, we decided one would do M25
anticlockwise, one M25 clockwise, and one (me ) through the middle of
London. (to see which was quickest - traffic was light, it was now the
small hours). :o)

None of those routes is the quickest. In the small hours go M23/M25 Anticlockwise/A2/Blackwall Tunnel/A12/Redbridge roundabout/M11.

John B[_2_] April 9th 11 10:10 AM

Massive Disruption at Paddington - Very Badly Handled Yet Again

Basil Jet wrote in
:

On 2011\04\08 15:43, David Cantrell wrote:
On Thu, Apr 07, 2011 at 10:11:19AM +0100, Hils wrote:

The solution to such things does not lie in inviting all of the
world's downtrodden to what is already the most densely-populated
country in Europe

You're right, no problems in the UK will be solved by anything that
happens in the Netherlands, which is the most densely-populated
significant country in Europe.

England is more densely populated than the Netherlands. The UK is less
so.

Irrelevant: you either need to compare at the levels of regions-that-
are-historical-countries *or* at the levels of nation-states. Comparing
England to the Netherlands is a category error. And of course, Holland
is more densely populated than England.