Old April 18th 11, 12:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default shhhh - any word about BA strike? Am flying to you soon.

That's my question. Has there been any word about the threatened Brit
Air strike? I don't want to say it too loudly and remind them. Thank you.

Old April 18th 11, 01:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 08:29:22
on Mon, 18 Apr 2011, redcat remarked:
That's my question. Has there been any word about the threatened Brit
Air strike? I don't want to say it too loudly and remind them. Thank
you.

Brit Air only has a handful of flights to UK:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brit_Air

As for British Airways:

"Last updated: 18:00, Thursday 14 April 2011 (UK time)

British Airways and Unite, the cabin crew trade union, have had
exploratory talks over the last few weeks and Unite has agreed to halt
any move towards industrial action while talks continue."
Old April 18th 11, 08:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

redcat wrote:

That's my question. Has there been any word about the threatened Brit
Air strike? I don't want to say it too loudly and remind them. Thank you.

Strikes were originally called for the Easter weekend and the day of
the royal wedding, but these appear to have been withdrawn.

This is likely to be a change of dates to avoid public opprobrium
rather than any sign of impending agreement between BA management and
the cabin staff.

Old April 18th 11, 09:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 4/18/2011 4:27 PM, Bruce wrote:
wrote:

That's my question. Has there been any word about the threatened Brit
Air strike? I don't want to say it too loudly and remind them. Thank you.

Strikes were originally called for the Easter weekend and the day of
the royal wedding, but these appear to have been withdrawn.

This is likely to be a change of dates to avoid public opprobrium
rather than any sign of impending agreement between BA management and
the cabin staff.

Thanks, guys. I was affected by the strike last year, but it worked out
to my advantage! Still, don't want to think about the hassle. I have a
hard enough time sleeping.

Can you believe the volcano was a year ago, too?

rc

ISLAM....WORD msk2000 London Transport 0 January 7th 08 05:31 AM
Amazing underground flying crossover junctions Tom Anderson London Transport 2 August 29th 07 07:21 PM
British Rail flying saucer plan stan feldman London Transport 2 March 15th 06 12:12 PM
Flying scotsman Clive Allen London Transport 1 May 23rd 04 04:07 PM
I've been to London for business meetings and told myself that I'd be back to see London for myself. (rather than flying one day and out the next) I've used the tube briefly and my questions a Stuart Teo London Transport 4 January 30th 04 03:57 PM