Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 1st 11, 12:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default quiet time for London transport?

London Reconnections with one post in the last 3 weeks (and that was on
the cable car - yawn!), Mind The Gap going down the loo, and scarcely a
thread of note on here in weeks - there must be something interesting
happening.

To stir some debate, any updates on the following?

- When will London Overground hit the stage where we have no more weekend
engineering? Isn't that due to be around now....? What are they actually
currently doing on the weekend works on the line?

- Also, is there any decent analysis on the usage on London Overground,
esp since the Highbury and Islington stretch has opened? I've used it a
few times recently in the evening peak, and it still seems pretty lightly
used.

- Jubilee Line - I know things have been messy on there to say the least,
but is there any update on when the signalling upgrade will be officially
complete, and there will be no further engineering and full usage of the
quicker times/more trains that it's supposed to achieve? There still
appear to be weekend closures for the next few weeks....

- Dare I ask about the DLR extension and when it might be open....?

The quiet skies over London town Mizter T London Transport 52 April 19th 10 06:24 PM
London Black Cabbies learning to keep quiet, but... redcat London Transport 14 March 8th 10 09:04 PM
Is it time for transport unions to be banned? [email protected] London Transport 37 November 21st 09 02:20 PM
Quiet Basil Jet London Transport 15 November 16th 09 12:02 PM
quiet stations MarkVarley - MVP London Transport 42 March 6th 08 10:45 AM